Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners

Thread: High standard, co. Out of texas

Boolit Buddy

High standard, co. Out of texas

Does anyone know if the High Standard company that took over the original company, now in Texas is still operating?
    They are not answering emails and the phone has a busy signal 24/7.
    I have a 22 High Standard Victory with a cracked slide and need a replacement.
    I believe I contacted them last year but now can not get an answer from anyone.
    Thank You

They were in bankruptcy court a few years ago.

https://businessbankruptcies.com/cas...ng-company-inc

Boolit Buddy
    check over at rimfire central, there was a discussion on that and were to get answers/parts.
    Shaune509

Boolit Buddy
    check over at rimfire central, there was a discussion on that and were to get answers/parts.
    Shaune509

call Interarms/TX.....in Texas

Boolit Master

The Texas High Standard Company is in bankruptcy. As I understand it they are not longer doing business because of it. A former executive of HS has started a business servicing the target pistols. He has just started making complete pistols. His name is Alan Areostein and the company's name is Interarms. He had the complete pistols at Camp Perry this year. He will have the parts you need.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you everyone for the information. Alan actually has the slide on Ebay. The replacement is S/S with Teflon black coating for $175. Probably more durable than the factory steel slide. My only concern would be the slide is black and the rest of the gun is blued. There's companies that would buy the gun for parts but have not looked into that to date. Don't really want to invest another $200 and the gun will not look original. Originally shot less than 750 rounds through the gun when it was new back in the 70's. Looked it over last year to start shooting 22LR again and discovered a hairline crack in the back of the slide. Probably a defective slide when made at the factory. Will probably see what I can get if offered for sale as is, no slide.

Thank You

Boolit Master

You may watch ebay for a used slide.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I may of lucked out on the original slide. Took another look at it and lightly sanded where the vertical line was showing up on the back of the slide. It didn't take much where the mark gradually dis-appeared. I'm still thinking the mark was done when machined and I never noticed it when the slide was blued. My problem now is removing the two pins holding all the slide parts in. I was able to remove the one for the firing pin without to much of a problem. The second back pin doesn't want to move. Using a 0.0595" drill shank which fit the front pin hole exactly worked fine.
    Looking for suggestions on how to get the back pin moving.

Thank You

Boolit Master

If you have a drill press you might chuck up the pin punch and use the leverage of the press to push it out. I did that with a CZ 527 magazine pin I couldn’t move with a hammer without risking slipping and causing damage.

Worked slick.

Boolit Buddy
    I finally was able to remove the pin using my arbor press after I thought about my options. The main issue is that a standard 1/16" pin punch is to large for the High Standard pins. The hole size is actually a #53 drill size 0.0595". Using a 1/2" long 0.0595" pin I finally was able to remove the existing pin. To rectify this problem in the future I'm having the company doing the re-blueing opening the holes to 1/16" 0.0625" which won't change anything and a standard pin punch will now work. Nothing is ever easy. Just want to get the Victor back to working condition and back in the box.