Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: I wonder ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I wonder ?

I wonder how many people that call themselves Christians regularly pray or talk to GOD ?
    I wonder how many Christians read GOD's word regularly ?
    I wonder how many parents that claim to have faith in GOD accept the responsibility to teach their children about GOD ?
    I wonder how many Christians think of GOD in their lives on a daily basis ?
    I wonder how many that think they have received the Holy Spirit actually try to be 'in the Spirit' ?
    I wonder how many of faith cling to their burden instead of having the faith to lay it down to GOD ?
    I wonder how many Christians make the effort to lead others to GOD ?
    I wonder how many of faith will wake up this morning in commitment to GOD ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Not enough. Sadly

More than you think. Praise the Lord.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Well said, We all are responsible Disciples.

Moderator Emeritus

You know, Boaz, that's really a very good question! Based on what I've seen, most of us, no matter how devout and committed we try to be, inevitably drift slowly away from what we know to be True and Right. Mostly, I believe, this is when we focus on OUR OWN wills, instead of the Lord's will for us. That's a generality, and like all generalities, is only "half true," but I've seen way too much of how we collectively and consistently perform, that it's awfully humbling and embarassing to face our own lackings and sometimes foolishness. We KNOW right and wrong, and yet, sometimes we just can't seem to "execute the plan," and fall into error. It's like when a horse takes the bit in its mouth, clamps down on it, and basically tells the rider, "Hold on, boss! I'm taking us MY way right now!"

And it's so EASY to fall into that, too! Who among us hasn't done that when angered or fearful??? Recognizing our own shortcomings is the first step to healing them. And that, it seems, is a life-long effort that never reaches an end until we've breathed our last.

It's very un-PC today, to face one's own foibles and weaknesses, but it'll NEVER be unimportant! The prevailing attitude today in our land is one of nihlistic cynicism, and it shows its ugly head in so many, many ways today. Young people don't believe in real Love, so they "settle" for sex. Many won't seek God, for fear of actually FINDING Him! We seem to want ONLY what WE want, and will not even consider anything that's not within our "libertarian" philosophies. But what a price there is to pay for that! Self-obsession inevitably leads to an erosion of all the things within us that make us worthy of the full meaning of the name "human." Lord, touch these people who have never received good instruction, and love from your army. Pierce their hardened hearts, and let them know you ARE very, very real, and that you love them, and really want them to be happy. You never make them unhappy, but they make themselves that way, and then only try to blame you. And help we who go by Your Name, be better at explaining our belief to others who have not yet seen the Light. If we don't do it, who will?