RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting season is upon us

Banned

long range crop damage shooting (5 so far) I like my 240 wby, 2506, 06 or 300 H&H depending on the field im shooting. So far probably my favorite overall the 240. For regular deer season mostly 308, 250 sav, 356 get rotated. Some others sprinkled in on occasion. Im shoot a field tonight that a long shot is a 200 yards so the Kimber 308 is in the truck. I used to hunt exclusively with handguns in regular deer season and used only cast bullets. Did that for about 20 years. Got old and so did my eyes and ive gone back to rifles. Only cast is once in a while the 356 but even that most of the time gets hornadys. I guess to me its a been there done that thing. Ive killed a truck load of deer, bear, pigs and buffalo with handguns and cast bullets. Don't have to prove it can be done anymore. I know they work but for actual high velocity rifle hunting jacketed just work better.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If I hunt this year, I will go where the woods are very thick, shots are close at hand, literally within 10-20yds from a climbing stand, and I will hunt with a 5 1/2" New Vaquero in 45 Schofield, It will happily push one of the 250gr LBT WFN boolits to 1200fps which is perfect for a yearling doe or button head.

Watch it be my luck a wallhanger steps in front of the muzzle, still no contest for the medium frame gun and the middle length 45 cartridge..

Those are like paint cans full of concrete! Put one through the boiler room and I'm sure it will do the trick nicely.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

We take the owner of the ranch I work for opening week of archery season then I will see and help other hunters get their elk. I don't get to hunt until maybe Oct 1. I have my favorite Antleope tag but we have a large group coming in on or about opening day,if I can sneak a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12