RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Primary Arms

Boolit Buddy

Primary Arms

Is having a clearance Sale. I am looking at a 458 SOCOM Barrel by Radical Firearms. Haven't had the opportunity to try them before, but for 50 bucks I am thinking hard. What is your experience with them ? Primary Arms is great, got a bunch of stuff from them recently with no problems. I know if you go to the rite/wrong forum, there are some heated opinions about proprietary reamers and all, but no experience with Radical for me … Yet. What say You ?

Boolit Master
    I have often wondered about it too. Some people seem to love them, others despise them. It's hard to tell who's hating them just because they're low cost, and who's hating them because they had a legitimate issue.

For $50, I'd say screw it and go for it.

EDIT: Did a google search to see what people were saying about Radical Firearms since it had been about a year since I looked into them. I found this and it makes me question whether this is a company I'd want to deal with.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ings-personal/
    Last edited by am44mag; 08-07-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Boolit Master

Well I have bought several of radicals builds and parts and I myself have had no issues , no garbage or bad things to say , so read reviews as I do then also consider what you read and how you judge the reviewers knowledge . As to that webpage link I read that before I purchased my first radical part and I still purchased a rifle from them through primary and it has been a good one.

I'm not kicking anyones dog, but the reviews from Primary arms say they're junk. There are three reviews and they all are 1 star. For once, I restrained my myself and it paid off...
    Last edited by gnostic; 08-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Boolit Master

Well to each their own I have a 458 socom upper and it works and shoots good , have a bear creek barrel and a few other makes and other then thickness at the gas block and or threads at muzzle they all shoot the same , same with the radical carbine , took a chance and it is in 300 blackout runs with no problems accuracy is same as psa made uppers . If I only used reviews online I would never buy any products as every manufacture has its detractors , the it has to cost as much or more to be any good it has to be a certain name or brand or country of origin . Of course with reviews on amazon I have come to realize that most satisfied customers do not take time to review and also some of the loudest bad reviews are from the least competent . If you like the price and are willing to take a chance do so if not dont , just like life not much is certain all the time and with any purchase online or out of a catalog you take a chance .

Boolit Buddy
    Radical is located not too far away from Primary Arms, they're both located in suburbs in Houston. Caveat Emptor with anything that Radical puts out. The quality control isn't where it should be. They donated a few rifles to my dept SWAT team for competitions and the reviews were less than stellar. I tend to avoid them if there are other options available but I know the price is tempting for most, YMMV. Even the rifles that they market to police officers have had issues when review as pointed out earlier. One of the contributors at Primary and Secondary gave an honest review about the rifle and someone from Radical showed up at his employer mad about the review.

Primary Arms has great CS and good folks working there. You shouldn't hesitate buying from them.

Boolit Buddy
    I wasn't planning on assembling anything right away, found what I thought would be a good deal to start accumulating parts … But I'm still think'n

Boolit Master

I used a Primary Arms .300 Blackout 16" barrel for my first build. It shoots well and have no complaints with it.

Boolit Master

As a company I have had excellent transactions. I bought a Grendel BBl thru them that was a problem they where as good as it gets getting me a replacement and paying to get the bad one returned!

I have three of there scopes. (Not made by them) But say Primary Arms on them.. I had to return one when the reticule turned.. They swapped it no questions and quickly.

I would buy from them in a minute. Good prices on things and nearly daily emails if you get on there list.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

primary is a good company. radical has had their ups and downs.