Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dumb Moves

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    not me, but at work yesterday one of the guys decided to not make sure everything was lowered on one of our new 2 million dollar coil units and hit a bridge. mangled the half million dollar injector head and put the unit out of commission until we can get it fixed, even rushing parts it will be several more days. the lost revenue is about 75 grand a day. really really glad it was not me.
    We have a low bridge maybe 50 yards from the front of the shop I am working at. Its been interesting a few times

Boolit Master
    Thank you God, thank you God, THANK YOU GOD! That I sill have all my fingers and toes, both eyes, haven't killed anyone, and have just enough scars to remind me of past boo boos!

If you aren't country, you may not relate, but when I was a teen too young to drive an auto, the folks use to let us drive a small farm tractor with a box on the three point hitch hunting and fishing. Well, one of my cousins dad had bought him the most beautiful little 20ga SxS (in case you can't see it coming, this is why kids should have starter guns). He was sitting on the finder shooting doves off a gravel road, while I was moving on down the road driving that tractor. Then it happened, he broke that shotgun open and dropped the butt stock over the fender well into a tire lug. I remember it like yesterday, there was a dull punk sound. Then seeing that shotgun go spinning in super slow motion about 15 feet into the air then come crashing down into that gravel road and sliding along for about fifty feet! You can bet it was a long slow drive home! I still get a little sick thinking about it even now!

Boolit Master
    This thread makes me feel so much better.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Grand Master

LOL! Yeah, me too. Got the back glass replaced yesterday. Waiting on an opening at the body shop to get the scratches in the paint touched up. Finally, I think, got all the glass step up. What a mess!

Boolit Grand Master

I once made the mistake of parking behind my 89 year old dad. "Darn it kid you know better than to park behind me!" My buddy is a body man and he was looking for a new gun...he got it.

Boolit Master

Day before yesterday I put two 16 foot 2X8 planks on our 8 foot trailer. I have done it lots of times, this time I had them tied down a little too far forward and it only took one too sharp a corner to pop the back glass on the minivan. The boy said " that's going to take a lot of duct tape to patch that up" . Now the opening is covered with a sheet of aluminum coil stock with screws all the way around. Very pretty and it makes such a nice thundering noise as you travel down the road.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Do NOT turn left from the right lane of a one way street, on your first time to the city, just after getting your drivers license,in your Mom's bug. Yes I've vacuumed up a few GM windows from the driver's seat. Don't use a bumper jack to change a boat trailer tire.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

Once upon a time (2005) in a county far far away my wife bought a new car and drove it to work and some knucklehead opened a car door into my better-halves new car and scratched it....she came home and was complaining and after a while I went out to work and it involved a Ford tractor......needless to say I slapped her new car with the bucket on the tractor and did several $'s worth of damage......I went inside and told her and then she started laughing at my rants and what got me the most was: "All I was complaining about was a tiny little scratch!"
    I have consistently added to that since that one incident.... but that is all that I am confessin' to!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I was admiring my new to me Benelli super90. The unloading procedure is different for them then all other autoloaders. Dropped the hammer on an empty chamber that wasn't. Killed the bottom window pane of the upper sash, storm window and wounded the meeting rail. Pasture was clear in front of the window but may of made some small birds and bunnies mess their drawers. I didn't replace the inside window pane. It's a great reminder of Benelli unloading procedure and keeps the smug look off my face. I haven't really noticed any ammo savings,yet.

As long as you don't do it again, you'll be fine.

Boolit Grand Master

Why are other folks mistakes so much funnier than ours? I'm laughing, but I ain't telling that I broke both mirrors off my new dodge. Yes they were extended so i could better see to back out.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

This post should be under humor because like mold maker said....other peoples screw ups are just plain funny! Thanks for all the entertainment.....PAUL
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Freightman,
    If you never have anything worse than that happen you will have lived a blessed life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123