RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: New Howa 1500 HB 300 Win Mag on the way...

Boolit Buddy

New Howa 1500 HB 300 Win Mag on the way...

Ordered a New 24 inch threaded HB in a pretty ugly Hogue OD green stock today...hoping a good muzzle brake and the barrel's weight will make thus gun a good shooter. was looking at The REM 700 and the new Savage 10/110 LR hunter bu tdecided on the Howa. Have the 308 tricked out in the 20 HB scope package and am quite happy with it...would welcome any thought or comments...

Boolit Master
    I also have the 20 HB version and could not be happier. I did change out the Hogue stock to a thumbhole by Boyds after I got it. Now it looks as good as it shoots. I use mine for cast only rounds and so far it is working very well after some load development. Good luck with your 300 WM! I am sure that you will like it.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks,

We'll see how the pillar bedding holds up under the recoil. If I need a stiffer stock then I'll get one. Really excited about load development for this one and have been thinking on the new Hornady ELDs.

Howa's are a great gun for what they cost and I have re barreled several of them. And I will tell you that the machining on the actions is top notch from what I have seen the last several years. They shoot lights out with a good quality barrel on them. They shoot fairly well with the factory barrels that come on them also. As far as I am concerned they are a good value.

Boolit Buddy
    I really liked the trigger on my .308. no creep and broke crisp and light. I'm thinking it would be hard to go wrong with a company that guarantees sub moa out of the box. I compared the Howa to the Rem 700 and the Savage 10/110. Heard and read that the Rem had some trigger issues, the Savage didn't have a heavy barrel in the 600-700 entry level. I did consider spending more on the Savage 10/110 Long Range Hunter but I wasn't convinced that I needed the Accu-fit since my Hogue stock on my 308 fits very nicely. Thought I'd spend a little more on glass for the Howa. My goal is for shooting out to 1 mile with the new high BC projectiles.