Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: ww universal 20 hulls ?? reloading shot shells

Boolit Master

ww universal 20 hulls ?? reloading shot shells

Is anyone reloading these walmart shells?
    the plastic hull is so thin that the claybuster wads are not tight
    the ID is .024" larger than other shells so the wad is way loose
    wondering if theres a better wad choice for them .
    I dont see any load data listed for them

Boolit Master
    Lots of trouble with the 12 ga. cheapo w-w hulls not ejecting and being stuck in chamber.

Boolit Master

I gave up on the WW universal's, I had a number of once fired 20 ga universals split on the first reload. The most long lived cheap 20 is the Gun Club and the Wally World Federals are good for 3-4 reloads.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    be very careful with them. the base wad can com loose and lodge . I would trash them

Boolit Master

Turtlezx: If you need some hulls look at S&S now, beezapilot has remington gun clubs that he stacks tight at a great price. Excellent value and good loading hulls. I've bought several times from him.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

using the mec supersizor has allowed me to get the cheeper hulls to work for slugs. I was having trouble with feeding, both on the reloader and the gun, the supersizor stoped that. only do 1 reload with a slug so no idea if it helps long term.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Im a constant dumpster diver, picked out Win HS 410 and Fio 16ga hulls friday. That said, I wont even hold on to one of those winchesters you are asking about. Another vote for gun clubs in 12 and 20, i wont bend over to pick up a new AA in those gages, but will climb into the trashcan for them in 28 and 410! Somebody REALLY needs to make a quality 16ga again...
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    I have reloaded them, but consider them one and done. The are just a cheaper version of the current Win AAHS hulls. They can be reloaded once, just use the AAHS data.

Bill

I bought a large box of random shotshell hulls (BPI unsorted) and have 1/2 bucket of the cheep Winchester hulls. I haven't tried to reload any of them since I have so may better hulls. I have opened up some of them and the plastic wad looks the same as the Win. AAHS. I've thought about cutting them back and loading some light target loads 2" or 2 1/2" with a roll crimp. I've heard that the cheep Win. hulls won't hold a good crimp at 2 3/4 when reloaded as part of the original sealed crimp is blown away on first firing. Has Anybody tried cutting them back like this? Gp