WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .410 ga Enfield

Boolit Master

.410 ga Enfield

How is the floor plate attached to the chamber? I would like to make mine removable. Then I can switch stocks and have a mag. fed .410 to hunt grouse with.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    I assume you are talking Lee Enfiled here.They were single shot conversions seen lots of them here in AU , all single shot.

Boolit Master
    But how is the floor plate attached???? Just answer my question please!!!!

You will quickly exceed the price of a used .410 pump shotgun I would imagine. You have to take the screws out to begin with. Google Lee Enfield no.1 disassembly and go from there. I'm not saying it can't be done but if it was easy Canadian and Australian members would have lots of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

One screw at the front of the floorplate and one horizontal screw in the trigger gaurd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Thank you for the answer. Screws I can deal with. Solder or weld joints not so much. Plus it can be restored to origional.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one also and besides the screws there are two wooden dowels driven into the stock to secure it to the receiver.

I haven't found a good way to remove the dowels yet.
    I aim to misbehave.

Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by dominicfortune00 View Post
    I have one also and besides the screws there are two wooden dowels driven into the stock to secure it to the receiver.

I haven't found a good way to remove the dowels yet.
    So they weren't easily converted back to repeater. Someone didn't trust someone.

Boolit Buddy
    The actions don't feed the 410 shell very well, if at all, most times when you simply pop a 303 magazine into one of these with the Ishapor 410 bbl attached in front.
    The 2 1/2" 410shells are a better bet for feeding out of the magazine in my experience. That's all I use and reload now.

Sometimes you get one round to feed if you baby it into the chamber. That'll give you a 2-shot bolt gun, but not a fast or handy one.
    Tweaking the magazine feed lips will sometimes help but you can quickly find the round(s) in the magazine popping out by themselves when you simply open the bolt.

It can be done, no doubt about it.
    I have a LeeSpeed that I have a 410bbl on now and it feeds 1 rd from the magazine nicely making it a usable Skeet gun for grins and giggles shooting.
    The MkIII front sight &ramp needed a lowering as it was patterning way low as installed.
    Maybe the earlier magazine type has something to do with the better luck feeding.
    But an Ishapore 410 MkIII refused to do much when the repeater mod attempt was made with her. It went back to being a SS. It sits in parts right now waiting for it's next adventure.
    A novelty for sure. An old Winchester 42 Skeet satisfys the 410 urge now. That'll change, I get bored.

Good Luck with your plans. They are a fun rifle/shotgun.

You'll most probably find a pinned in place wooden insert as already mentioned in the old magazine cut out.
    The sheet metal loading platform is simply sitting up in there wedged in and on the magazine rails and front trigger guard screw bushing (King Screw).

If you pull the entire forend assembly off the rifle to replace it with one from a working rifle in order to take advantage of the magazine assembly,,,make sure you remove the forend by pulling the entire length of it STRAIGHT DOWN from the rifle,,parallel with the bbl and action.
    Don't be tempted to pull it off by levering it off by pulling it down from the nose / muzzle.It must come straight down.
    A little help by gently tapping the upper edges to pop it free from being setup for most of a century helps.
    Take the forend off before you attempt to take the butt stock off,,if you have intentions of removing the butt stock at all.

Boolit Master
    I have the 2 1/4" .303/.410 brass cartridges that were never necked down. I plan to reloade them to use. Most will be reproductions of the shot loaded issued cartridges. Some will be loaded for grouse etc. The round ball loads are fun to shoot.