Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Single Shot Initial Impressions

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30 guy View Post
    Received my 30-30 today, a more beautiful butt stock I have ever owned. Put in the spring kit from megasupermagnum and felt the improvement right away!! Wish I would have gotten another one before they sold out!! Please come out with another kit, only include the 31# spring and I will gladly pay the same price!! Thanks again!!
    The part numbers are floating around this thread. I think it was about $15 for the bag, plus $10 shipping for 10 springs.

Boolit Bub
    Anyone have that part number for that 31 spring?? Would be appreciated if you could tell me that and where to get it!!!

Boolit Grand Master

It's a Grainger part number, on page 5 of this thread. 54MY45

Looks like they raised the price a little bit, I paid $14.50 for mine.

Banned

i just bought TEN of the 31# grainger springs 54MY45 (yes, they raised the price to $17.30) ...................

Can anyone post a pic of what this area looks like when taking off the rear stock.
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl52 View Post
    Can anyone post a pic of what this area looks like when taking off the rear stock.
    later today i'll do either a pictorial or video of how easy it is to change out the henry h015 s/s gun trigger/hammer spring - and in doing so, make it into the gun it SHOULD have been in the first place.

Boolit Grand Master

It's all in this thread. The spring part numbers, the pictures, everything. Not only the stock, I took the trigger apart and show all of it.

Page 3 by the way, second picture.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 11-06-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Banned

MANY kudos to megasupermagnum for sourcing out the replacement trigger/hammer spring(s) for Henry H015 single shot rifles. without his efforts, these Henry rifles would be mediocre at best for their horribly hefty trigger pull poundage.

locate the two small holes in the soft foam butt pad, use a good sized phillips head driver to poke into those holes and remove the wood screws that bind the butt pad and spacer to the butt stock ...

peering down into the hollow of the butt stock you'll see the head of the long allen bolt that secures the butt stock to the frame ...

it will take a long driver to get to that bolt - i used a brownell's magdriver along with an extension and the required 3/16" allen head key to get down into there and unscrew that bolt ...

the butt stock bolt attaches to a tube that's screwed into the frame, and that tube contains the pair of trigger/hammer springs ...

begin unscrewing that tube ...

if possible, just remove the tube and allow the plastic tube cap and spring arm to not be moved - they're not under any tension as the tube is unscrewed, and if they fall out of position they can both easily be reseated back ...

inside that tube is a small spring nestled inside a larger spring ...

BOTH springs are removed and replaced with the single Grainger 31# s/s spring ...

with the new spring in the tube, screw the tube back into the frame. this can be a tad tricky since the spring will be under the tension of the cap and arm. take your time, do not cross thread the tube, go slow, look at both the male and female threads to make sure they are aligned and then push in the tube a turn. when it's initially mated well, it will screw back in with great ease.

put back the butt stock and butt spacer/pad. done. enjoy those much lighter trigger AND hammer pull weights!

anyone need a Grainger 31# trigger/hammer spring?
    Last edited by rfd; 11-06-2018 at 04:14 PM.

I've inquired about .41 mag one last time.

And got an answer pronto.
    .41 isn't in the plans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    And got an answer pronto.
    .41 isn't in the plans.
    i've got a .357 coming next week and will report on muzzle dimensions ... if'n there's enuf meat, might be a reamer candidate to .41 mag.

Boolit Bub
    rfd, I can use one of those 31# springs!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30 guy View Post
    rfd, I can use one of those 31# springs!!!
    when i get them in next week, i'll put a link here to where they'll be listed on our CB classifieds.

i bought the ten pack for three reasons - they're only sold that way, i wanted one spring to keep and use for yet another henry rifle, and to offer them for cheap to everyone that has a henry s/s, because they're all gonna want to fix their guns, for sure.

i paid $30+ for the ten springs and will sell them for $3 each plus shipping. this is not a for-profit thing, it's about helping out others.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    when i get them in next week, i'll put a link here to where they'll be listed on our CB classifieds.

i bought the ten pack for three reasons - they're only sold that way, i wanted one spring to keep and use for yet another henry rifle, and to offer them for cheap to everyone that has a henry s/s, because they're all gonna want to fix their guns, for sure.

i paid $30+ for the ten springs and will sell them for $3 each plus shipping. this is not a for-profit thing, it's about helping out others.
    Rob you are a generous guy for sure and the photos are great/ Ed

RFD
    Thanks for the lesson in Photos. I will take one of your spring sets also when you get them in. Good Cheer I have a 357 and I posted in another thread the barrel outside dimensions are .742 the barrel wall thickness is .200. I shoot and own several 41 mags I see no reason why a 357 couldnt be bored to a 41. There is plenty of barrel there everywhere. Al
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

Banned

RFD
    ... I have a 357 and I posted in another thread the barrel outside dimensions are .742 the barrel wall thickness is .200. I shoot and own several 41 mags I see no reason why a 357 couldnt be bored to a 41. There is plenty of barrel there everywhere. Al
    well that's great news indeed! that opens the possibility for what i had in mind in the first place - reaming for a .38-55win cartridge. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbsup.gif 
Views:	1391 
Size:	139 Bytes 
ID:	230016

OK Al, thank you sir, adding the Henry single shot to the list of possible choices for .41!

Boolit Master
    That will make a nice looking 41.

Boolit Bub
    rfd, will take 2 when you get them as I need 1 now and 1 for the future!!

Boolit Bub
    rfd, also, great pictorial on the spring change, thanks!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast