Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight for the wife

Boolit Master
    I have one of those three d battery Maglite's in my truck never heard anything about a weapon. now if you smash some deserving person with it. it mite be a weapon. but the other way you are going on could or maybe not intent. but then you are driving a 4,000 lb. wepon.

Banned
    price is right and they work

don't forget this for when you buy something to get your free item
    Last edited by Grmps; 08-06-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Boolit Master

You already mentioned the 2 I was going to suggest - Streamlight Stylus Pro and Streamlight Microstream.

I carry the Microstream in my uniform shirt pocket and I think it is brighter than the Stylus Pro and they run on AAAs.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Got a bunch of those HF flashlights laying around the house. Work great, and the price is right - especially with the 20% off coupon {g}

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    We have found that it is less important to have one or two quality flashlights than it is to have a dozen mid-quality flashlights around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    im of the same opinion with pocket knives in our house. Having one expensive one is nice and all, but having a dozen that are easy to find and accessible is even better. And I don't feel as bad when i damage the edge/blades.

http://www.dx.com/p/sipik-sk68-cree-...5#.W2h129UzphF

That looks like a heck of a deal, at that price I'll give em a try.
    I agree - I have lights in every room and every vehicle and many pockets

I buy a 5 pack from Amazon frequently.
    http://a.co/he0eSpZ

I love the focus ring for spot or flood
    CARPE DIEM!.......

The small barrel flashlights that are often Free (or dirt cheap) from harbor freight are a good deal. The original batteries are cheap junk BUT you put a decent set of Alkaline batteries in them and they are really very good.

The blue ones suffer from the same batteries are really cheap. Having a battery undersized in diameter and length. BTW - that is why battery holders have spring at one end, there is no standard for length and the spring accommodates variation between manufactures. Only reason the barrel lights are better is portability and being metal. One of those blue plastic ones is on the fridge held in place by its magnetic back. I can always find at least that one With the whole panel on it lights up a couple of rooms well enough to function in.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I picked this up a few months ago I like it a lot https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-E35U...ashlight+fenix
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Got a bunch of those HF flashlights laying around the house. Work great, and the price is right - especially with the 20% off coupon {g}
    They make good holiday "extra" gifts for the grandkids and great grandkids.

Boolit Master

5 pack of Cree Q5

$3/each in the 5 pack, $14.98

1 AA or 1 Lithium, works well on 1 AA

https://smile.amazon.com/Flashlight-...shlight+5+pack
    Last edited by BrassMagnet; 08-06-2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to add price!

What's wrong with the cheap ones?

My first set came from evilbay, 5 flashlights, 5 chargers, 5 18650 2000 mah batterys, 5 adapters for 3 AAA batterys. All for under 20$ with shipping.

5 years later still have not had one die.

2 are mounted on shotguns where it is handy to reach forward and push the button.

Wife has one, I have one, gave one to my shooting buddy where he mounted on his shotgun.

I also have one of those cheap keychain jobs. Single AA battery, supposed to be good for 40 hours of light.
    It is attached to my daily carry knife. Have to change the battery 2-3 times a year. It gets turned on every night, get me to my door, lock it, check lights all out, thence to the bathroom. Where it gets turned off till I need it again. I've carried it for 2 years. No fail, no harm, no foul.

I know I did not pay more than 10$ for it.

Yes you can spend as much as you like for high power fancy flashlights. But why?

Ohh and while I am on the subject. Harbor Freight carrys a blue oval multi LED flashlight for 2.50$.

Push button once and you the end LED like a flashlight. Turn it off, push it again, and the bank of I don't know how many LED's light up like a work light. Has a magnet, a hook. And when it dies, it takes standard batterys. Don't throw it away. Take out a couple of screws and swap em.

Boolit Master
    Pelican http://www.pelican.com/us/en/products/flashlights or Streamlight https://www.streamlight.com/ are both good "work" flashlights used by police/fire ect. as well as tradesman.

Boolit Master

I would really recommend this one...
    https://www.amazon.com/ReyLight-Pine...70_&dpSrc=srch

Not super bright, built like a tank and is an eye catcher.

Boolit Master
    I use 3 d cell Maglites with the led conversion. The standard bulbs eat batteries, but with led's they last a long time.I also have several of the small "free with any purchase" Harbor Freight ones. I keep a couple on the loading bench (for when I drop things like primers in the carpet) and one or two in the kitchen. They do work really well and the price is outstanding.

Boolit Master
    Was given a couple 4 d cell maglights over 30 years ago. Out side of changing the batteries once a year and an occasional bulb they've never failed me. Also 2 d cell ones, a couple aa ones and one lone aaa light. Keep a few spare replacement bulbs around. Frank

My wife has a neat little flashlight that has two batteries. The two batteries are formed together in one cylindrical carrier that looks like the rotor in a rotary magazine. One battery is a single AAA cell, and the other consists of two AAA cells. The flashlight has a single red LED, and a battery of five white LEDs. The two cell battery operates the white LED flash, and a separate button runs the red LED on the single-cell battery. The flashlight is called a Coast PX20. It comes with a lifetime warranty for $30.

https://coastportland.com/product/px20/

I'm reminded of it because I just refreshed all the AAA cells for her, as she is going away on a trip tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    I have had very poor luck with plastic AAA flash lights. I have had much better luck with metal AAA flashlights. Brand names that I have now are Tasco and Defiant. Both were probably bought at Sam,'s Club on a three pack card with batteries for about 20-30 $. I have a 4 cell AAA that kept draining batteries and the last set of battteries leaked in the light. It doesn't work and will go into the trash tonight. Duracell by name. Wife has a 4 cell AAA that works great m,Blue Max by name. I have a 3 cell C light that works great, Durecell. Wife has a 3 cell D light That we got from Harbor Tool. The brand is Gordon and it was much cheaper than Mag Light. Three AAAcells are great around the house. If you go hunting or fishing take spare batteries. Several years ago brother and I went down a steep bank to go Salmon fishing in the Manistee River in northern Mi. Caught a couple of fish and were leaving well after dark. Started out with a nice bright light. About 1/3 way up my bright light got very very dim. Star light and this dim flash light got up back to the truck without too much damage. I can never rembember when I last change batteries or how much I have used It so now when ever outside I carry a spare set of cheap batteries in my pocket. Dollar store or 99cent store have cheap batteries.

Boolit Master
    Rayovac DIY3AAA-B.
    So far I haven't been able to break one of these, they issue them at work to the maintenance personnel. Ten bucks if you look in the right places, best 3-AAA I've used.

Boolit Buddy
    Napa auto parts stores is selling a very powerful aluminum rechargeable led light for $19.99. Called "Blue Fuel". Focusable beam good enough to spotlight a deer at over 100 yds. I don't often make impulse buys, but this quality little light nailed me!

Thanks for all the replies. Some i've never heard of. Some... i'd forgotten about. Interesting suggestions.

She has several cheap lights... they all flicker occasionally. They get a bump and sometimes straighten up and sometimes not. I forgot about the good ol' maglite. I have a 2 AA that has seen some abuse, and she had one before the house burnt down. I have a 3D maglite too, tough as all get out.

Boolit Master

I know it doesn't meet your criteria, but I just bought one of these yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/YAOMING-Tacli...uiltin+lantern

My brother and I were camping and he was using this light. The magnetic base and ability to turn it into a lantern is what sold me. The built in SOS flash and use of AAA batteries hooked me.

Attachment 225330
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast