Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
PBcastcoRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Winchester ae 357 trapper!

Boolit Buddy

Winchester ae 357 trapper!

Just got one, $400, has some brass tacks in butstock other than that hardly fired. I put a williams peep and fire sight on it, shooting 50-50 wwpb over 14.5 grains of 2400, lee 158 flatnose, so far, baseball soze group at 75 yards. Im thinking this will be my Adirondack deer-rabbit-grouse setup, anyone have one of tjese?

Boolit Master

I had one a while back. Mine was a 20" carbine and very accurate but it did not hold up well to a lot of shooting. Ejectors are problematic on these guns and parts are not available. It is a cast part and breaks very easily. Make sure it moves freely and lube the shaft on it. The gun will function ok without the ejector as long as there is another shell coming up. Another place there can be a problem is shells feeding under the lifter from a soft shell stop on the link. The .357 AE's were not Winchesters best work IMO. I hope you have better luck with yours.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

I had a trapper. I bought it with a broke carrier thinking it would be an easy fix. Well after months of searching I finally found one but at that point I was aggravated with the ability to find parts in case something else happened so I sold it. I did like the gun but parts for the 357 are very hard to find.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Had one for 20 years now .ejectors are weak ,the pin breaks ,cut a slot in the ejector and solder in a nail .mine shots great the heavier boolits the better can also load them longer than will feed through a marlin .parts are available from a place in Arizona can't remember the name at the moment .they are getting some parts made themselves .won't part with mine.

Boolit Master
    Mine had several problems. When shooting at a SASS match you start with an empty chamber. Sometimes the first shell would be thrown completely out of the gun. On other occasions the shells would go under the lifter, locking the action up. Sent it back to Win, came back with no improvements so I sold it.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Boolit Master
    Homestead gun parts .I knew I'd remember in time.

Boolit Master

over a decade ago I had a mdl 94 in .357mag, wouldn't cycle,rounds seemed to always end up under the carrier, issue is the cartridges are just a little to short to cycle well in the mdl 94. Traded off for something and never was sorry I let it go
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran