Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: How to search archives

Boolit Buddy

How to search archives

Is there a Sticky or a location here on the forum that explains how to use the search function?

How do I search for a specific whole phrase, in which, if it doesn’t have the whole phrase, don’t show it. Whenever I search now I get every instance of every single word, resulting in way too many posts that have nothing to do with my search.

Thanks,
    Rocky
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Super Moderator

There is two different search functions here. They are located in the tool bar at the top right of the screen just under your profile name and post count. The Google search is the one I usually use, although there is an "advanced search" as well. As far as finding a specific phrase, you may have to do a play on words to find it. May I ask, what is the phrase you are looking for? Maybe I can help.

Boolit Buddy
    You can try and put multiple words together within quotes (") ie: "380 brass".

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    you could also do a Google search with the search phrase in quotes and the added keyword afterwards, site:castboolits.gunloads.com which tells Google to only look at this site. (Most other search engines can do the same.)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    you could also do a Google search with the search phrase in quotes and the added keyword afterwards, site:castboolits.gunloads.com which tells Google to only look at this site. (Most other search engines can do the same.)
    +1 for that comment. ^That^ is close to how I do it anyway & it works well. Only difference is I put the keyword(s) first & then the site address I am looking to find using the exact type of "specific reference parameter" shown above in the bold.

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Either way works! I'm not one to insist that "my" way is the only way, I just want the results to be GOOD