Titan ReloadingStainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4840 USD (81%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3030 coyote load help

Boolit Master
    I have tried the 110 Vmax in my Savage 340 and it worked pretty well. Never shot an animal with it but it was pretty darn accurate. The 125gr Sierra was accurate as well. I've never shot cast through my Savage so I don't know what works in it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by warboar_21 View Post
    I have tried the 110 Vmax in my Savage 340 and it worked pretty well. Never shot an animal with it but it was pretty darn accurate. The 125gr Sierra was accurate as well. I've never shot cast through my Savage so I don't know what works in it.
    Thats was going to be my backup plan if i couldnt get the velocity i wanted with cast, either a vmax or a 110gr prvi soft point at 2400fps, i just hate the thought of paying for a jacketed bullet if i can get what i want for 1/10th the price and some tinkering.
    Plus while i am not doing it for the money, i do like the idea of offsetting the cost of calls/decoys etc with the pelts and dont want to destrot them.

Boolit Master
    It looks like the pelts of them is the main thing moving and up your way they should be better then what I get here. You get more if you sew up the holes and wash the fur in cold water to take all the dirt and blood out of the fur and you put them up yourself.If you do not know how see if anyone around you willing to teach you. Also check with the one you will sell the pelts to.If it gose to auction then they need to be done up.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Don't over think your choice... Know your gun and your load, put the slug through the shoulders and your coyote is dead.
    Larry Gibson stated it well when he characterized coyotes as "tenacious". It's attitude though; physically, they're nowhere near as tough as hogs.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12