Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOE Molds

You can also pull the mold handle off, and put some JB Weld inside the hole, then press on and smooth the excess around the ferrule. Works well, is easy, and doesn't require a tap for those that don't have them. Not as elegant as tapping the mold handle tang but gits-er-done.

JB Weld perfect for those times when WD-40 is the wrong choice
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Attachment 225029
    Slim, the NOE and Accurate molds I have are the best molds I have ever used in almost 40 yrs of casting--period. Al makes a mold for about the same $ as a Lyman and it dwarfs the Lyman in performance. As far as using Lee 6 cavity handles, they work fine but the wood will loosen up after a while unless you drill and tap and put a screw in them. I use an 8-32.
    Mine loosen up once in a while as well. That's just one of the things I keep an eye on during casting. When they begin to come loose, I just give them a tap on the end of the wood handle and it tightens right back up. Never considered it a problem.

Boolit Master

While we're on the topic of mold handles in the NOE thread, I can say for certain that the NOE handles are top quality! I've yet to have the handles fall off, unlike both handles that fell off my first casting session with my only set of Lee 6 cavity handles. Give credit to NOE for a great product. Far more costly, but I think I'll still be enjoying them for decades to come.

Boolit Bub
    My mold arrived today. Looks very well made. I should have a chance to cast with it this weekend.

Boolit Master
    Noe makes great molds, made in the USA, not Croatia. I keep my money here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123