RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOE Molds

Boolit Bub

NOE Molds

I saw a reference to NOE molds on this forum and looked at their website. What I saw looks good, bit I wanted opinions from anyone here who may have owned and used them. I was impressed that a top punch can be ordered at little cost.

Boolit Master

They are very good. You will need to learn to keep the pins hot when you cast. I use a small torch.

Boolit Bub
    That is new to me. Why is that?

Banned
    They cast great! I haven't had any problems with the pins. I lube them regularly with the mold lube they sell (synthetic 2-stroke mixing oil)(stihl is good).
    I use a Needle Tip Glue Bottle Applicator /Precision Oiler for the sprue screw and have eliminated any overflow into the cavities being able to precisely apply a small drop, then I put a couple drops on a q-tip and lube the pins, mold top and sprue plate with the first cast each session/casting pot full of lead.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=26MLOO5LLL6PT

needle tip bottles https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=26MLOO5LLL6PT

the Lee commercial 6 cavity handle work on NOE molds

I don't feel the need for HP molds. The few I have I use a #2 carpenters pencil and coat the pins with graphite/pencil lead
    Last edited by Grmps; 08-03-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Boolit Master
    He meant the pins to cast hollow point cast boolits I think , but I may be mistaken . As far as NOE molds quality it's top notch I only have a few but they are exactly what I hoped for when I purchased them , beautiful boollits drop from them every time I use them .

Boolit Bub
    Excellent! Thanks for the replies.

Boolit Master
    Grmps may I ask where you get those needle point oil bottles ? That seems like a nifty little oil bottle .

Boolit Grand Master

Now I been casting for 51 years and I am really tight with a dollar. Lyman and Herters moulds until Lee came out with their $9.99 single cavity with handles..... a tightwads dream come true !
    Lyman started getting expensive , ebay allowed some cheap used Lyman moulds but bidders sometime went insane and drove the price out of sight.
    Joined this site and kept hearing about NOE and other "premium" makers and how good they are.
    I'm big time skeptic...yeah right , just how much better can they be !
    Wife wants to buy me Christmas present and I decide to check out one these high priced premium moulds. Using a lot of Lee 124 gr. TC 9mm boolits , in a 2 cavity mould.
    I order a NOE 358-124-TC Gas Check design , 4 cavity, aluminum, cost is $92.00 !!!!!!
    Wife buys it for me....

Is it worth the Money.....Every Red Cent , the only problem is they spoil you.
    I got the first in 2014 and every year I get another one or two...they are that good.

The Gas Checked 124 TC ....it drops .358. Run it through .358 lube/sizer and it's a great 357 magnum boolit. Size .357 , its a great 9mm boolit. I can cast them soft , drive them fast and still get no leading...I love it. I find a soft boolit just as effective as a hollow point in 9mm , 38 special and 357 magnum also easier to cast .

They are habit forming...I have warned you !
    NOE also has several other neat tools , seating stems , expanders ...

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I'm a NOE $1,000 member times two. You might say I like them. Also, all the Noe tooling I own is top notch. I put a VERY small amount of dielectric silicon grease on the HP pins while they are hot. Bullets drop right off. Gp

Boolit Master

I own two NOE molds. If i cant find it in Lee, i go look at NOE. Their molds are great and work great. You wont be sorry. I also have a lot of their tools. The only bad thing to have happened is my Lyman lubersizer handle fell with their top punch in and crushed the cup. So, i am out that 5 bucks. So be carefull and don't abuse the top punch. It was a perfect fit though. It appears to machined from aluminum and not steel. No big deal i have other top punches i can fill with hot glue.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Love them...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't begin to tell you how many NOE molds I have owned and used over the years. They are invariably great.
    I have no reservations recommending them to anyone.

Boolit Master
    If you go by value vs raw price NOE are no more costly than any mass produced mould.

I have owned SAECO, RCBS, Lyman and H&G (still wish I kept them) but I own and use several NOE molds in 6.5mm, several 30 cal and a 45-70.

I was reading this thread, and decided to order one. Today is my birthday, and I couldn’t decide what to get myself. You guys made it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    I was reading this thread, and decided to order one. Today is my birthday, and I couldn’t decide what to get myself. You guys made it easy.
    Happy birthday. You will enjoy the mold.

Boolit Master

their teaser emails on sales have sold me more than a few. there is no such thing as having to many molds.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Exactly what I meant. Replied on phone, should not do that, I was to brief.

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    He meant the pins to cast hollow point cast boolits I think , but I may be mistaken . As far as NOE molds quality it's top notch I only have a few but they are exactly what I hoped for when I purchased them , beautiful boollits drop from them every time I use them .

Boolit Master
    I recently bought my first NOE mold, and it's the only mold I have ever paid more than $40 for. Every other mold I have is a LEE mold.

I'm already starting to plan on how I'm going to replace all of my LEE molds with only a few exceptions. The level of quality you get from NOE is amazing. They cast like butter and drop free without needing any encouragement unlike my LEEs.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks! Looks like I will become a customer. I understand full well about paying for quality. My Snap On tools are still going strong after 30 years of use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast