Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hot & Sweet

Hot & Sweet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pickles.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	224951

Sweet cucumber pickles with red, ripe jalapenos and yellow habaneros.

Boolit Master
    I prefer hot and dill but those look good.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Hmmm. Dill pickles are even easier than sweet. I'll try some in my next batch.

Oh sure ... tease us with some photos, but you don't include your recipe? Not fair ... not fair at all!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    They look pretty and yummy , I had a really nice lady bring me by some sweet picked beats yesterday from her garden , and I almost ate the first pint by myself .

Boolit Grand Master

Recipe ? What recipe ? We ain't got no recipe..We don't need no stinking recipes !

I can't post photo's (forgot how) but I always give my recipes out .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

I think a riot is in the making! You need to share the recipe or we will hunt you down! All kidding aside....looks great! Please share.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Sweet Cucumber & Jalapeno Peppers

2 quarts of cucumbers & peppers
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup vinegar
    1 cup water
    Pickling salt

1. Bring sugar, vinegar, and water to boil, let simmer until cucumbers and peppers are cut.
    2. Wearing gloves, slice jalapenos in thick slices.
    3. After boiling jars and lids, cold pack jars with cucumbers and peppers.
    4. Pour sugar solution over cucumbers and peppers.
    5. Place jars in a low boiling water bath. As cucumbers and peppers heat, they will shrink. Keep adding more to jars, mashing down with a spoon, until you are satisfied they are packed to max (below neck).
    6. Add 1 teaspoon pickling salt per quart, or 1/2 teaspoon to pint on top of packed cucumbers and peppers.
    7. Wipe excess sugar solution off top of jars and necks. Place domes on, and rings finger tight. Low boil in bath for 17 minutes.
    8. Remove jars, and hold with towel, tighten, and wait for the popping of the lids!
    Notes: Best if cured for 1 month.
    Make sure rings are dry before placing on jars, so there will be no rusting.

P.s. I like to add a heaping spoonful of commercial bread and butter pickling spice. Thinly sliced onions are also a wonderful addition. Okra, green beans, and paste tomato halves are good too; just throw in as much as you want.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks Tatume !
    I had planned to pick a bunch of jalapeno's in the morning , going to do some Sweet Pickled Jalapenos's now. Last batch I did regular ....not sweet , this batch going to be SWEET !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

You can vary the proportion of cucumber to pepper from 1:0 to 0:1. Any ratio works.

OK, thanks for the recipe! Copied and saved plus a copy printed off to go into my ringbinder cookbook ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Very close to Cowboy Candy. I put up 4 pints today. The recipe calls for just jalapenos, but I added a habanero to each jar.
    The recipe calls for 4 cups of sugar and no water. I used 3 1/2 pounds of jalapenos after trimming tops to make 4 pints. It seems like there is no way the peppers will fit in those jars, but they cook down a bit in volume.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so will only post the link to where I found the recipe.
    Candied Jalapenos
    Last edited by SciFiJim; 08-04-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Buddy
    Looking good

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you sir! I hope mine will come out as good lookin'!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Tatume , Just finished putting up 6 pints of Sweet & Hot Jalapenos , the bushes were loaded.

I tried something , had a bunch of small jalapenos , 3/4 to 1 inch long , to tedious to slice -to many to toss . So I put a slit in each pepper and did two jars .
    Dad Gum It.....I just realized I forgot to add the pickling spice to the jars...I wanted to try that but forget to get it out the pantry....I'll do it next time.
    Thanks for the recipe,
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 08-05-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"