WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot

Boolit Master

Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot

I am looking at the Bushnel TRS-25 which is also offered in a Hi Rise model. This will be for my Hi Point 4595 (which I just picked up today Yahoo!!!).

In case someone on this forum has this set up, here are a few questions...

Is the standard, or the Hi Rise preferable for the Hi Point carbine?

Can either one, or both of them be used without removing the iron sights?

Is the riser detachable so it can be converted to a standard height?

It looks like it’s a decent enough RD for the price.

Thanks - Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

I have the standard height TRS-25 on my Ruger Mini-30 for over a year now. I can not answer your questions about the Hi-rise model, but I am very satisfied with the TRS-25 on my mini-30. Has held up very well and holds point of impact. Still have the original battery in it, but I am careful about turning it off when I finished shooting.

Boolit Master

I have the standard on a 4595 but had to add a 1/2" riser to get comfortable alignment. Without the riser i had to tilt my head to see the dot.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Very good “budget” red dot and one can buy the raiser separate so yes it’s an add on that can. E used with or without I now have 3 tsr 25, on an Ar an AK and a 9mm AR. Been very very happy with them.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    I have the standard on a 4595 but had to add a 1/2" riser to get comfortable alignment. Without the riser i had to tilt my head to see the dot.
    What he said except mine is on a 4095TS. I have the QD riser which I ordered before I realized I would have to remove the rear sight to make it work. Actually I would have removed the sights anyway because I thoroughly detest seeing metallic sights through my optical sight.

I have no idea what the "rail" is supposed to be, but rest assured it is NOT Picatinny. I had to use a chainsaw file to open one groove to allow the cross screw to clear the "rail" so the riser would set down in it's proper place. I have another two screw riser that in order to get it to fit I had to completely remove one rib and, again, enlarge the groove to accept the cross screw. Otherwise all is good.

Oh yeah, I am satisfied with the TRS 25.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Good info ... thanks!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Bushnell TRS-25 Hirise 1x25mm Red Dot ordered
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

ghh3rd: I have 6 of them. The only one that needed a riser was the one on my AR. I got a 1" riser from UTG for $10.

Now Bushnell offers a unit that has the riser built in for $20 more.

I have been promoting this sight for years as the best bang for your Red Dot Buck out there. Prices range from $50 to 90 for the standard model and as much as $120 for the one with the riser.

To insure that you turn the thing off after use use a White Paint Pencil to put a line on the dial that will line up with the zero line when turned off. It works and I have never had to replace a battery in any of mine they all have the originals! Got that idea from Nut n Fancy!

Here's another little tidbit,,, Bushnell basically copied the Aimpoint Red Dot Sight when they made these.

Essentially they are an Aimpoint made in China. Considering that you can buy 6 of these for the cost of one Aimpoint it is easy to see the value, and considering that the reviews on these sights are usually 4.5-4.8 stars on large sites with thousands of reviews, it is a pretty good bet you are getting a good product. Even if it cacks, Bushnell will give you a new one.

Best Bang for your Red Dot Buck out there and you simply can't go wrong. I have probably sold 500 of them with my posts here and on other forums. I'm pretty much sold on them.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

there a good bang for the buck but hardly an aimpoint. Not near as rugged. But then they don't cost 600 bucks either. I guess its like saying a chevy chevette is a copy of a corvette. Or a tasco is a copy of a night force. Both will get you down the road and the chevette and tasco costs much less but it sure isn't a corvette or nightforce. I put them on 22s and even a couple of my cheaper ars but my serious guns get better optics.

Boolit Master

A word of caution. There are several counterfeit's being offered on Amazon. I have 2 of the TRS-25s and have been very happy with them then saw them on Amazon for $49.95 and thought what a deal. Not so, got two of them. Neither worked out of the box, got replacements and one worked. Started comparing them with the 2 I already had and some minor but distinct differences. They are a good sight, just make sure you don't get a forgery.

Banned

yup ive got one. Make sure when you buy one that the dot rheostat is at a right angle to the gun when mounted (straight out to the side) . If its angled its a fake. Got to say though the fake has held up so far but its only on a 22. Still makes me angry I paid 75 bucks for a 30 dollar red dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    A word of caution. There are several counterfeit's being offered on Amazon. I have 2 of the TRS-25s and have been very happy with them then saw them on Amazon for $49.95 and thought what a deal. Not so, got two of them. Neither worked out of the box, got replacements and one worked. Started comparing them with the 2 I already had and some minor but distinct differences. They are a good sight, just make sure you don't get a forgery.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup ive got one. Make sure when you buy one that the dot rheostat is at a right angle to the gun when mounted (straight out to the side) . If its angled its a fake. Got to say though the fake has held up so far but its only on a 22. Still makes me angry I paid 75 bucks for a 30 dollar red dot.
    I have looked at a lot of these TRS-25s, sold by various vendors and have not seen one with the rheostat as you describe. Did Bushnell change the design or am I looking for the wrong thing?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Man
    I've got several TRS-25's. Awesome value. Like Randy said though, don't forget to turn them off.
    SAF Patron (Life) | GOA (Life) | NRA Benefactor (Life) | MSRPA (Life)

Boolit Master
    The Bushnell website shows the rheostat housing at an angle.I just bought one from Amazon.It worked on Kar98k.It was made in China but so are most or maybe all Bushnell products.It would be hard to tell a fake in this case.

Banned

my mistake. its the ones with the rheostat at a right angle to the side that are the fakes. the angled ones are the real ones. Not to say someone doesn't do fakes with angled rheostats too.

Lloyd: I have used one of mine on my Ruger Scout Rifle .308 Win. and all my .223 Carbines have them. I only have one on a .22.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

I shot a 3 gun today with my Mini 14 with the TRS 25 on it. The gun really excels for this type of shooting.

The last stage was 2 man sized targets at 200 yards. We were supposed to make two hits on both from standing using a pole for a barrier, then drop to prone for 2 more on each.

I just shot all the targets from the standing position, as my friends are all children and can bounce around more easily than I.

10 shots for 8 hits ! in 16 seconds !

Randy