Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timney trigger for Enfield 1914? Definite no. Definite no. Definite I don't know.

Boolit Master
    I'm leaving the trigger the way it's set. It breaks like glass between 2lb's 8oz and 3lb's. According to my Wheeler Digital Trigger gauge. Compared to the original trigger which broke like a wet carat somewhere North of 5lb's and flopped around annoyingly.
    [

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Call Brownell's gunsmith line.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a sporter M1917, and I just took a uneducated guess and got the wrong one first. I just sent it back and they replaced it with the other one. I needed the shorter one, but I couldn't really tell until I tried to install one of them. They are a definite improvement over the military trigger, and don't cost as much as other replacement triggers..

Boolit Master
    My mystery comes from the fact I called Timney and they said they had no trigger to fit any P14 and the ones for the P17 definitely wouldn't fit...and I quizzed them pretty hard. Now it turns out that they do fit and they work great but Timney is still telling people they don't fit.
    [

Boolit Master

When I put my Dayton Traister trigger in my Eddystone M1917 I added the cock on opening conversion.
    35yrs ago they were offered as separate kits or together. I ended up with a 4lb trigger pull with maybe a bit of creep, but that seemed to have disappeared after about 200rds.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

I had an Eddystone with a JA barrel on it and on advice bought and installed a Canjar replacement trigger with cock on opening kit. After shooting it some at the range I came to the conclusion that the original cock on closing worked a little better for me. But as usual, I got the hots for something else and sold lit. Pity, it was a great shooting rifle. James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12