Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Bench Upgrade

Boolit Master

Bench Upgrade

Getting old and drop a lot of stuff, got tired of it hitting my magic foot and careening into the twilight zone under my bench...fixed 8)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    Nice touch! Looks good and practical. Getting down to fish under the bench is easy. Getting back up again - Not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Nice touch! Looks good and practical. Getting down to fish under the bench is easy. Getting back up again - Not so much!
    That's the truth! Lol

Nice addition to the bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Still sharing your pain, I did that to my "Main" bench a while back. Got two more to go.

Boolit Master
    No doubt! It is especially difficult with one of these....8) 8)

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice improvement to the bench. If I ever build another (doubtful) it will be built like lower kitchen cabinets.

Boolit Master
    There’s no telling what I might find under my bench, if I would just look. Good idea to keep things from just being slid under.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the tip, the monster under my bench swallowed a small can of Redding sizing lube two weeks ago, I still can't find it. Perhaps i'll call it a sacrifice and install a similar mod.

Boolit Bub
    I have black holes, I'll drop something and have it disappear only to have it reappear at some later date (maybe). Also, can some scientist tell me how I can drop something 30 inches and have bounce 60??

If I had a nickel for every time I dropped something and it bounced under my bench....

Reddirt62, I still got both my legs but the Arthritis and bad spine make it hard to get things up off the floor or close to the floor. I use a home made bench socket and plate system so I can swap presses around and store them off the benches and had been storing them in a rack cobbled up under a bench. I decided to rearrange the press storage up off the floor so I don't have to bend down and to hopefully keep them cleaner. I'm a poor wood worker and build most things out of scrap so nothing is pretty but usually works and if it don't I'm only out my time and few screws.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails press storage.jpg   old press storage.jpg   bench_socket1.resized.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindshooter View Post
    Reddirt62, I still got both my legs but the Arthritis and bad spine make it hard to get things up off the floor or close to the floor. I use a home made bench socket and plate system so I can swap presses around and store them off the benches and had been storing them in a rack cobbled up under a bench. I decided to rearrange the press storage up off the floor so I don't have to bend down and to hopefully keep them cleaner. I'm a poor wood worker and build most things out of scrap so nothing is pretty but usually works and if it don't I'm only out my time and few screws.
    Perfect! Love the primer catcher....been mulling over that very thing for several days now!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by allsy View Post
    Thanks for the tip, the monster under my bench swallowed a small can of Redding sizing lube two weeks ago, I still can't find it. Perhaps i'll call it a sacrifice and install a similar mod.
    The dust bunnies ate your case lube I've got my bench on one side of the room and a cast iron radiator on the other, both collect stuff.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    It paid off in spades today as I upended a bin of 9mm brass onto the floor!! 8)