RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Lee 230 TC in Hi Point 4595

Boolit Master

Lee 230 TC in Hi Point 4595

I’ll be picking up my Hi Point 4595 tomorrow and going to the range this weekend, so I have to get busy loading some ammo.

Right now I only have 100 or so Lee 230 gr TC cast bullets on hand. If you’ve run these through your 4595 what OAL and crimp have you found works best for you?

Thanks

Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Okay here goes. I have a RIA 45 Auto a Kimber 45 Auto and 3 Glock 45 Autos. I use a particular cast bullet in them. The Kimber will accept a lot longer OAL than the Glocks.
    The RIA will accept the OAL the Kimber does.
    I seat the bullets to the OAL that will work in all three so I use the gun with the shortest throat to set OAL. This is what you need to do with the High Point. Now also check to see if they will go into the mag seated at YOUR particular OAL. Sacrifice one bullet to use as a dummy round to check this.
    As I have said many times this isn't rocket science.
    I also have a 1911 barrel that I use as a gauge to check OAL too. Its throat is minimum so If it fits in it it will fit in most all 45 Auto.

Again I mean no harm, anguish, or mean spirited intention in what I have posted. It is just my writing based on what I know. Please don't take it as baiting, trolling or calling out anyone.
    Just take it as written and and nothing else.

Boolit Master

In my two short stroke Kahrs in 45 acp a pm45 & p45 I use a col of 1.200 for reliability and 0 jams with the Lee 230 gr TC .
    You could try a little longer in a 1911 platform but not longer than 1.250 col, max col for a 1911 is 1.260 for any bullet.

Boolit Master
    I have the 4595 and seat boolits to normal length for a .45. About a fingernail thickness from where the angle starts. Mine really likes the Lee 200 gr semi-wadcutter and eats them all day. I would measure for you, but am out of ammo at this time. Crimp to just straighten out the case. About .468 to .470 IIRC. Have fun!!

I have them both but have not put them together yet.

Been shooting the .452 230 gr round nose in the Hipoint .45acp.

I like to crimp the first one where it looks right and see what happens.

My Hipoint's have no history of being fussy with ammo. But I agree about making sure they fit in the magazine.

They seem to cycle everything.

My .45 colt Handi rifle loves that bullet with a moderate charge of Red Dot under it.

Boolit Master

Load them like you were loading for your 1911, they aren't picky if they fit the mag. You might want to slug the barrel to see if .452" size is large enough, mine needed larger to avoid leading.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator