Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi Lever on way!

Here are 2 out of 3 of mine my 20” blued in 44 mag and I have a 38/357 in the same rifle and yes that is a Rossi with a 24” barrel octagonal of course with a brass receiver in 45 colt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D750E3A-D6DC-4D06-BF99-005FF538FAFC.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	225044

Well I went out to my range and shot off a few rounds today. I started off just seeing how it handled with some cheap factory junk I had in 38 spec. Nice and soft. And way high. Well, what can you expect at 30 yds. So I traped back to my 100 yd spot and tried some more. Off hand, standing as I'm too cheap to buy a table and have been too lazy to build one. But I digress. Shot off some light 38special loads I'd made up for my revolver. 152 gr over 3.2 gr bullseye. And I'd made a few 4.5 gr SR4756 over the same bullet. All shot fine, I'm still tending on the high side, but most probably just me. Sweet gun, easy shooting. I think I'll be liking this thing a lot.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Well I went out to my range and shot off a few rounds today. I started off just seeing how it handled with some cheap factory junk I had in 38 spec. Nice and soft. And way high. Well, what can you expect at 30 yds. So I traped back to my 100 yd spot and tried some more. Off hand, standing as I'm too cheap to buy a table and have been too lazy to build one. But I digress. Shot off some light 38special loads I'd made up for my revolver. 152 gr over 3.2 gr bullseye. And I'd made a few 4.5 gr SR4756 over the same bullet. All shot fine, I'm still tending on the high side, but most probably just me. Sweet gun, easy shooting. I think I'll be liking this thing a lot.
    Where'd you find 4756? Haven't seen any in years.

Had a pound I bought a couple of years ago. Was saving for 9mm, but have plenty of other powder that'll work in those rounds

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    In addition to two Rossi M92's in 45 Colt - bought the carbine Rossi M92 in 38 Spl and modified it to 32-20
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I have a 44mag in a rifle and a 357 in a SRC. Both shoot well with cast or jacketed. I owned a Browning in 44 but had to sell a few years ago. I bought the rifle to replace it and later the SRC, just because. The Rifle beats the snot out of me and I do not remember the Browning being so abusive. I am 20+ years older and that probably makes a difference. I have thought about changing out the curved buttplate stock for a shotgun butt. Haven't done it yet and haven't found a 44 mag. in SRC to replace it with. My local shop has a Winchester 92 (new) on the shelf but it also has a curved butt and with a $900.00 tag it is more than I want to spend.

Boolit Buddy
    I started with a 20" stainless Rossi 92 in 38/357, too. Be careful, it will get lonely and want a friend. Here is mine with his buddy in .44.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_4989 small.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	225566
    A lighter extractor spring will keep it from sending the empties into orbit. Both of mine have bolt mounted peeps from Stevesgunz now. His video is handy for slicking it up.

Thanks, it wants a little brother 16"

I have the 16 inch 357. That is a VERY handy rifle. Mine wears a Trijicon dot sight on an NOE mount. Will not let that one get away from me....

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice. I actually traded for my first Rossi yesterday. I traded a Glock for a Puma 16" SS in 480 Ruger. I haven't taken any photos yet but I am excited to head to the range to test her out. Heard there were only about 100 of the 480 Rugers made.

In Remembrance
    I have two early guns; 45 Colt and 44-40. Both are pre-safety with brass followers.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master

Binky
    I found someone here that wanted the curved butt plate stock and had the shotgun style to trade.
    We traded straight across with only cost . . .postage.
    Much prefer the shotgun style
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I got one of mine directly from Nate Kiowa Jones aka Steve Young of Steve's Gunz
    The other one was off gun broker around $480 as I recall. It was worked over by Jim Bowie of the Cowboys and Indians store.
    Both run real good.
    I thought he passed on a few years ago (Jim Bowie).

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I thought he passed on a few years ago (Jim Bowie).
    Yep, just down the road from here. It seems he passed from complications due to being bayonetted while laying in bed sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a Rossi .44 magnum on layaway 24" Octagon barrel tubular magazine 13 shots.I will be getting it out on or around the 24th of this month.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a Rossi Rio Grande 30-30 at wally world a few years ago for $267. The stock was nothing to get excited about, plain-poorly fitted, metal finish was excellent.
    Have shot it a bit the last year. I found the stock cracked inside, will have to fix that and glass bed it. The action would not feed (lifter kept sticking) until I'd worked the lever about a thousand times, polished some burrs and Gunslicked all working parts. Accuracy is reasonable so far 1.5" groups@100 yards with a 5x scope.

Boolit Master
    I could not tell from the pictures, but is it already tapped for a side mount receiver sight?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12