Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: WTD: candid review Lee's Breech Lock Pro Press

Boolit Master

WTD: candid review Lee's Breech Lock Pro Press

Gentleman;
    I am looking to see if anyone on the site has, and is using, one of the new Breech Lock Pro press.

I am interested in how it performs, I prime off the press so how the priming system works is of no concern, but case feeder, and going out of time is.

hopefully someone will give me/us a solid review with no brand preference's.

Thank's

HM

Boolit Master
    Got mine a couple of months ago and have only loaded some .40s with it. Seems smooth, no jams that were caused by the machine. I got the case feeder and it works well. The only issue that I have is the loaded round catcher box. Loaded rounds like to eject onto the floor by missing the box. The box doesn't hold a lot of ammo and I will modify it so it works better with larger capacity. Other than the box, I like it. P.S. No problems with the priming system although it took a few washers to get it to line up.

Boolit Master
    that's a start and I thank you a lot.

Shows, so far, that the only problems are the catching the finished round and getting the priming system to line up.

A bigger, better catch box should be easy, and I prime all brass after cleaning so no need to put on the timing system which is extra I won't have to pay for, LOL!

Thanks again and hope to see some others.

HM

I too have one of these presses in my view and have been watching and following closely the progress of this new press. So far I am still undecided as to this press or the new Turret press for my pistol loading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_4D48yQeo the 1st half of this video is of the new turret and the last half is the Breech Lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2oTBdkoNJk

Banned
    I really like mine. It is dedicated to 9mm right now.

I wait until I need 200-300 rounds then I go for it. The priming system works great for me. I am used to the priming system as it is the same theory as my Classic Turret. You do need the new style priming arms for it to work without shimming.

I agree that the round catcher is not very well thought out and too small. I have a bucket with a towel on the bottom to catch the rounds.

This is the same bucket system I use on my Dillon 450 to catch 223 rounds.

I don't have a case feeder. I get a rhythm going that has me placing an empty case with my right hand and priming with my left. Once you get the muscle memory down you can crank out the rounds.

I like the indexing pin that lines up the shellplate. Great idea.

Once you learn the press it is easy to use. I can honestly say that the only problem I have had is when I have inadvertently mixed in a .380 case by mistake.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    it seems the only problems to surface are the odd primer shimming and the to small loaded round catcher.

As I won't prime on the press that's an easy fix, LOL! AS for the round it sounds like bigger box is all thats needed.

I like other feed back and will keep this thread open at least through the weekend, in hope's of hearing more info.

Maybe stuff on enlarging the round catcher?

HM