Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally after a year of fighting etc getting a knee replacement

Finally after a year of fighting etc getting a knee replacement

Okay guys getting a knee replaced on the 13th of aug . What should i be prepaired for ???
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Vendor Sponsor

Do all the rehab no matter how bad it hurts.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Yes yes yes Last start today
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    My wife had one done last year and started her rehab just a few days later. Rehab, no matter how it hurts is the key to a successful knee replacement. She is very pleased with the results and she's 75 years young.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Patience. I'm going on my 3rd week and and feel that I'm just about back to square one. Lesson learned and warning from therapist: Don't mow the grass even if you're feeling real good. It will bite you. Take all your meds too, your family will thank you.

Boolit Master

man im getting mine done on the 26 good luck

Boolit Master

Had a friend that was riding a bike 3 weeks after . My brother was months getting back to his normal, but he was lazy BEFORE rehab and ain't changed ! Spend more time at the shooting bench !!

Boolit Bub
    Rehab, rehab, rehab can't get to much. Follow the doctors orders. First one I was smarter that everyone, turned out fine but it could have been better. Second knee went a lot better, I followed orders. Three weeks things will start coming back together and at 6 weeks all is well. At least, this is how mine went. I have never regained full use of my knees. I would say 80 to 85 %. After 17 days you should been getting around with the walker and go to a cane in a couple more weeks. Kinda the way mine went, your and OTHERS will very. Good Luck, a speedy recovery.

Roy

My wife just had a replacement 7 weeks ago. Do the rehab for sure. Invest in an icing machine for the swelling. (My wife swears by hers and it was not a big investment cost.) Do not overdo it and take your doctor's advise on medications. My wife is an over-achiever and she did more harm than good in the first few weeks by WAY overdoing things and kept getting holy hell from her physio guy to stick with the program. Use the walker for several weeks until you are ready to switch to a cane (or canes). Don't drive too soon and wait for the all clear from your surgeon. If you have an accident and it was proven that you shouldn't have been driving yet the liability issues could be grave financially. Be patient ... it'll all come together and you'll be happy with the results. My wife is more than happy with the results on her knee. Good luck!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    This X 2or3.

Just keep in mind that after the surgery all the pain will be good pain,
    meaning that with each passing week it will get better and the pain will be less.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned
    I have not been down that path but I know several people that have.
    To a man, every one of them said they should have done it sooner.
    One is a police officer that had significant injuries from his football days and had both knees done a few years apart. He was eligible for retirement but went back to work.

Boolit Master

my wife has 7 joint replacement help her 100% have to really work at it. she will push me rehab is the answer

Boolit Master

Yes, rehab tests you. Ice is the antidote. My total knee replacement was 15 months ago and my life is better for it.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Never squat like an Asian or little kid does. That includes gardening.
    Never crawl around on your hands and knees. Many knee problems come from damaged areas where the patella and femur contact each other.
    Don't jump. Don't do stupid stuff. Your knee is only constrained by the ligaments unless you get a knee with a lot of congruency (like a hinge).

Rehab rehab rehab.....
    Never had an implant but I saw many radio graphs of knees before and after. I was a knee implant manufacturing engineer for a decade.

Make sure the doctor doe knees on a regular basis. A 3 knees a yeat doctor is not a good idea.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Start exercising and building muscle now, before the surgery, no matter how bad it hurts.
    Make sure you do the physio after surgery - don't over do one session.
    Get a good stationary bicycle and use it to build flexibility
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Thanks guys ...I'm getting nervous but been a long time waiting ..when I could not go hunting THAT WAS A BIG PROBLEM !!!!
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4719dave View Post
    Thanks guys ...I'm getting nervous but been a long time waiting ..when I could not go hunting THAT WAS A BIG PROBLEM !!!!
    Just getting ready to go back for my 5 year check up in Sep. I did things as they were set up by the doc and PT people and it went well. I had heard all of the horror stories from friends about the PT but personally never had near as much trouble as I was expecting. I was on the walker for a week and a cane after that for several weeks. I was driving a stick shift 5 days after the left knee was replaced and deer hunting (carefully) 3 weeks later. My day started with 2 hours in a constant motion machine that bent and straightened the leg. About an hour of self exercises after that. Then I would read till about 3:00 and start the same routine over again. The home PT came every other day for about a week and a half and then I did out patient PT 3 times a week for about a month and a half.
    In talking to other folks I found that it affects everyone differently. A good friend that I figured would have no problem with it had one hell of a time and still has trouble after 3 years. A good attitude helps IMHO. I was not ready to be a cripple yet and I just finished a 2-1/2 mile walk which I try to do at least 5 days a week.
    Good luck and you should be able to make hunting season.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Rehab Rehab Rehab The only way to get over it. It works.

Going on mon for pre hosp registration and all the other jas Oh ya dropped 3200.00 to the hosp !! Now my deductible is 100 percent paid .
    Last edited by 4719dave; 08-04-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master
    My experience mirrors Boz's...........except for the daily 2 1/2 mile hikes. Had both done four months apart and just before I was Medicare eligible. My first was done in the middle of November. I scheduled it that way so I could hunt early bow season and the first couple days of gun. My deductible was very minuscule with Blue Cross, Blue Shield......more like in the hundreds.

Winelover

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast