WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Amazon

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Amazon

Go figure - There was a problem and the Company went above and beyond to fix it.

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
    http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines

Five Stars

If something goes wrong this is the seller you want.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

I stopped doing reviews as I would write a good one when a seller went over and above and the review was booted.

I have about 100$ a month,used book habit,mostly Amazon.Have done very well over the years buying "as new",and in a lot of cases,never opened books.Most are classic furniture and architecture in topic. Last furniture book was a mint,never opened first edition..... dang if the post office didn't manage to mangle it up.Very disappointed, but it was embarrassingly cheap so let the whole thing slide.Wrote the seller and a review for Amazon. It happens? Have the book clamped in a mid19th cent. book press.

Boolit Master

I ordered the wrong top punch and they sent me the wrong sizer die.
    I told them I wanted to return them and why.
    They sent me post paid return label and credited my with the cost of my order.
    You can`t ask for more than that. Good customer service....dale

Boolit Master

I ordered 30 of the Lucas Super Red and Tacky so I could learn how to make Ben's Red.

They sent me 10. I complained. I was told to mail them back. I complained about the drive to town to send them back. She looked further and determined they were hazmat and I couldn't ship them back. Keep them and they would ship the 30. I got 10 again and I complained again. They cancelled my order for 30 and refunded my money.

So there I was forced to keep 20 at no cost. Now you know who is at fault for no more 30 grease cartridge orders.

Boolit Master
    I order stereo speakers for my car that were "guaranteed to fit". They refunded my money but refused to take them back due to hazmat. They were Not shipped to me hazmat.

Amazon is doing a lot of their own shipping now. My package today got delivered to the next county.

I'm pretty sure they loose a little on every sale but make up for it in volume
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Last summer I ordered an electric scooter. Does about 18 mph, supposed to get 10-12 miles depending weight of driver and how they drive. I wanted one, but I was not sure it was going to fly. So I ordered it from Amazon. Of the 3 companys that all sold essentially the same frame with slight motor/board/battery configurations. I chose the one with the most happy customers. Guess what, I was happy too! Its a freedom machine, just jump on and go. Take the dog for a run, run to the local store for hamburger buns, etc.

This spring I ordered a second for my wife. Company that made mine was over priced so I went with the competition. No problems. When in doubt, buy Amazon. If there is a problem, they make it right.

How can you beat that?

They offered me prime membership one year. I passed, a year later I got an email. Bill you spent 240$ in shipping from Amazon, prime would have saved you money. They made their point, and the prime sale.
    Since we get access to a huge video library with prime we ended up trying their Fire TV. Stick first, then the bigger box that has a lan port. No more waiting for wireless. We have had that Amazon Fire TV running daily for 2 years. Nothing that a reboot once a month wouldn't fix. The replacement is waiting on the shelf. Just in case we get hit by lighting or it dies.

How do you beat that?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I stopped doing reviews as I would write a good one when a seller went over and above and the review was booted.
    Yep no more reviews for me.

I bought a small carpet cleaner. It was about 65.00. It leaked all over the carpet.
    They wouldn't take it back but they gave me my money back.

I just wont write anymore reviews its a waste of time!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master
    I just submitted a review on the ear phones I ordered from them.
    It got booted.
    If they are just going to boot them, why go through the trouble of writing one up????
    I'll probably not do anymore reviews.
    getting kind of sick of amazons "new" policies.

Boolit Grand Master

I've not seen much savings from Amazon but do occasionally order from them. Maybe its the type merchandise I want, but I'm just not seeing much savings. However my Wive orders quite a bit of stuff. She's happy with them. I'm not much for doing reviews and surveys.

Boolit Grand Master

write a review ( for anyone) and get an extra 50 emails a week. They are address mines.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned
    I use Amazon a lot, they have the easiest return system in place. Print free return label and give the box to a mailman (or take to the PO).

BUT

Amazon has the worst/most confusing search function of any major retailer.

Find something you want then search by price and get a mess

Boolit Master
    We've used amazon alot. Some of the vitamins and nutritional supplements the Dr has me on my local walmart won't even order. Nothing amazing, just stuff like Oil of oregano capsules, and coconut oil capsules. With Amazon I can also search until I find a brand made in the USA, and most importantly one without soy of any kind in it since I am allergic to soy. Even my grandmothers arthritis ointments our local walmart wont order, but I can get them through amazon with the free shipping on orders over X amount. In about a decade of doing business with them I've had exactly one problem from one seller, and amazon made it right instantly.

God Bless, and One Love

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Moderator Emeritus

[The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Amazon's search engine does indeed bite. But Google's is good and for almost any material object a person can buy if you search google there is a very high chance that Amazon will have one or more of the first 3 links.

Makes it dead easy.

Boolit Master

I just received an email from a seller on Amazon asking for feedback.
    This was my response!

I no longer leave feedback. I complimented a seller. for a stellar job when something went wrong. The feedback was rejected.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I stopped using Amazon since they implemented their new policy regarding firearms related items: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...rnal/200164950
    (make sure you did not eat anything before reading that - it might make you seeing that food again...)
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com