Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Pedersoli Rolling block rifle troubles

Pedersoli Rolling block rifle troubles

I have had nothing but trouble putting my roller back together after the trigger spring replacement. This is the easiest rifle to disassemble and yet can't get the hammer back in. The hammer spring is stopping me dead. The only video I can find is Larry Potter on utube. I am doing it the same as him but I can't get the hammer to properly engage the hammer spring. Any ideas? Any videos out there that I can't find? Any help would be most appreciated.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

According to Pedersoli:

Drop in the hammer and push it forward so you can insert the axis pin through the left side of the receiver. Once in position push a long screwdriver up through the rear of the action to ensure the main spring engages the lobe at the rear of the hammer. Install the rear retaining screw in the trigger plate.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

So that means I need to take off the buttstock?
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Yep. That's what Pedersoli says

Scroll way down to the rolling block section:
    https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/medi...gun_manual.pdf
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Hmmm...I know it's been a couple years since I reworked the trigger on my Pedersoli .45-70 but don't recall removing the buttstock. On the other hand, I don't remember having any difficulty getting it back together or using any specific 'trick' or technique for reassembly, either.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Well looking at Mr. Potter do it and it was easy as pie so I expected no trouble. This sort of stuff happens with me. I miss the obvious and make things harder sometimes. Thank you sirs for your help. I'll keep trying.

Thankfully I got it back together. Why is it the simplest things can be the most difficult? That must be on me. Thanks again.

Banned

same as with replacing the firing pin (which doesn't last long, but i've got that fixed good now ) where if you mistakenly pull out both the breech and hammer pins, the hammer needs a buncha jiggling to get it back in to realign with the trigger.

after i blew two box stock firing pins in one year, i eschewed getting more replacements from VTI, and had a friend gunsmith lathe drill a hole in the block to accept a 5/64" piece of music wire, which i filed to length and rounded off it's primer denting nose. the pin is held in with blue loctite, that pin lasted more than twice as long as the stock pins, and now that i have a lathe i make my own extra spare pins.

Boolit Grand Master

One trick is to make an assembly pin up. a pin made long and .005-.008 smaller with a taper on one end. this allows part to be assembled and the taper to alighn then as its inserted then pushed thru the rest of the way with the stock pin. Some jobs this makes alighning holding multiple parts pieces much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    One trick is to make an assembly pin up. a pin made long and .005-.008 smaller with a taper on one end. this allows part to be assembled and the taper to alighn then as its inserted then pushed thru the rest of the way with the stock pin. Some jobs this makes alighning holding multiple parts pieces much easier.
    This is my method exactly. Makes reassembly much easier and removes my need to curse the origins of many things my eye beholds as i struggle without using the "aligning pin".

My Miroku Winchester hiwalls are living proof that this simple act of using a longer assembly rod and pushing it out with the original pin works.