Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with a bureaucracy :)

How to deal with a bureaucracy :)

The State of Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife sent a letter to a home/landowner asking for permission to access a creek on his property to document the decline in a certain species of unheard of frogs.

The property owners' response in the second letter is Epic.

Original Letter from Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife:

Dear Landowner:

ODFW Staff will be conducting surveys for foothill yellow-legged frogs & other amphibians over the next few months As part of this research we would like to survey the creek on your property. I am writing this letter to request your permission to access your property.

Recent research indicates that foothill yellow-legged frogs have declined significantly in recent years and are no longer found at half their historic sites. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated and will help contribute to the conservation of this important species.

Please fill out the attached postage-paid postcard and let us know if you are willing to let us cross your property or not. If you have any concerns about this project please give us a call. We would love to talk with you about our research.

Sincerely,
    Steve Niemela
    Conservation Strategy Implementation Biologist

RESPONSE FROM LANDOWNERS:

Dear Mr. Niemela:
    Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the "Frog Survey License" ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a "Frog Habitat" parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle).

You will also need an "Invasive Species" stamp ($1500 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add'l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

If you are successful in the Draw you will be notified two weeks in advance so you can make necessary plans and purchase your "Creek Habitat" stamp. ($18.00 Resident / $140.00 Non-Resident).

Survey units open between 8 am and 3 pm. but you cannot commence survey until 9 am. and must cease all survey activity by 1 pm. Survey Gear can only include a net with a 2" diameter made of 100% organic cotton netting with no longer than an 18-ft handle, non-weighted and no deeper than 6' from net frame to bottom of net. Handles can only be made of BPA-free plastics or wood.
    After 1 pm. you can use a net with a 3" diameter if you purchase the "Frog Net Endorsement" ($75.00 Resident / $250 Non-Resident). Any frogs captured that are released will need to be released with an approved release device back into the environment unharmed.

As of June 1, we are offering draw tags for our "Premium Survey" units and application is again only $8.00 per application. However, all fees can be waived if you can verify "Native Indian Tribal rights and status".

You will also need to provide evidence of successful completion of "Frog Surveys and You" comprehensive course on frog identification, safe handling practices, and self-defense strategies for frog attacks. This course is offered on-line through an accredited program for a nominal fee of $750.00.

Plea se let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Otherwise, we decline your access to our property but appreciate your inquiry.
    Sincerely,

Larry & Amanda Anderson
    Landowners

NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master
    CLASSIC!!!

I live in Oregon and am here to tell everyone, this is exactly how our state governmental agencies work. These landowners should be commended for modeling their procedures from the state bureaucracy.

Boolit Master

Love it!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Love it!
    Yup, Love It!

Boolit Master
    Yes!!!!!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

That response from the landowners is pure genius. It would be nice if the bureaucracy could learn from it.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Well done Sir, my wife and I are still laughing about this one. Regards Stephen

Boolit Buddy
    Great reply. Cause you know either the will find a frog or just deem it frog habitats, and then stick a bunch of regulations on land usr on you.

Now your property isn't worth frog poop.

Boolit Master
    I really want to hire this couple to write for me in my dispute with a government agency. Guess they are too busy counting the funds they have received from all the applications flowing their way.

Boolit Master

Mad me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    That response from the landowners is pure genius. It would be nice if the bureaucracy could learn from it.
    Sadly, they very well may. And you thought this years regulations were hard to understand. Just wait.

Boolit Master
    cleaver, to say the least. I pity the guy if he ever wants to build anything, on his property......if there is such a thing as a yellow leg frog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    Outstanding.What a delightful way to tell the powers that be to take a long walk off of a very short pier.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Excellent, give the bureaucrats some of their own back.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I'm A Honcho!
    Don’t eat ice cream and ready this.
    You will be cleaning it off your tablet ask how I know

Boolit Master
    They will have a laugh,then start serving you with enforceable notices under the myriad of land use and conservation laws that seem like a great idea to greenies,cause the laws give them controll over land they will never own themselves.

Boolit Master
    endangered species eat one today cause you mite not be able to tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Turnabout is fair play!
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    The is more truth in this than you might imagine. Back in the early 80's, Oregon encouraged landowner volunteers on certain coastal streams to install "hatch boxes" for coho salmon eggs to help the species as part of the ORCO (Oregon Coho) program. People were enthusiastic and volunteered. A few years later as fish returned and greens began their unsuccessful attempt to list "wild" coho as endangered, landowners found out the coho they raised in "hatch boxes" had their adipose fins so were indistinguishable from wild fish. The landowners lost control of their land and it went so far that the eco-nazis's were supervising lawn mowing. Needless to say, all the hatch boxes by volunteers that I knew were destroyed. No good deed goes unpunished when you deal with the greenies. That event was part of my education about the greenies.

Boolit Master
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
    Turnabout is fair play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast