Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: how good is the ruger new bearcat 22lr pistol? considering one for myself!

Boolit Bub

how good is the ruger new bearcat 22lr pistol? considering one for myself!

so guys is the ruger new bearcat 22lr a good revolver and is it very accurate?? also is it reliable and is there any issues with them?? thanks!

I'd give them high marks -- taking into account, of course, that handguns can be highly individualistic and lemons do exist. By "new Ruger bearcat" I'm assuming that you mean the 2nd edition vs. the original? And, also assuming that you don't mean one that just left the factory yesterday. My input is that I purchased two of the 2nd version about 5 years ago and gave one to each granddaughter. On the shooting expedition that followed they went through almost a brick of ammunition between them, the bearcats fired without any issues at all, and were accurate. They're a cute, small little revolver and would be hard to beat for backpacking, but I feel that they're kind of overpriced. And, for clarification, I'm not saying anything derogatory about one that was make yesterday -- as far as I know the quality remains excellent.

I've had several new model Bearcats pass through my hands. I only shot them for function. I do
    that with anything going into trade pile. I had no issue with any of them, well made and reliable
    just like Single-6 and Blackhawks. I bought old model Bearcats new back in the day. I never was
    a big fan of them. The gun itself is accurate, you can prove that off a rest, but the small size along
    with single action makes it a very hard gun to shoot well. I was always going to have adj sight put
    on one. The sights are small adding to the mix. I ran into S&W Kit gun and lost interest in Bearcat

I have owned just about all the 22 revolvers American made since WW2. In Rugers I did own them
    all. In H&Rs, IJs and High Standards I haven't had everyone but a good cross section of their line.
    Colt & S&W I've had them all except some specialty models. The point I'm trying to make is guys
    making the statement X revolver is Very Accurate. What is very accurate?

Boolit Bub
    My buddy just got a new stainless bearcat last week. Very good accuracy (with him shooting) across a few different ammo makes. Needed to file the front sight down a touch to bring in line on the elevation but other than that, nice size frame for a 22. Hes a stickler for fit and finish. It’s pretty good but still has some sharp edges. I like that they put the brand and safety under the barrel and not down the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I got a new ss bearcat this last spring. I bought an old model bearcat at auction and sent it to Ruger for refinishing. Customer service called and said there were safety issues and they would like to replace it with a new model, I agreed and they sent a nice new stainless steel one. When I shot it it spit lead so I called customer service and sent it back. They returned it and now it shoots great! Give me grins and tickles every time I look at, or handle it. Beautiful little gun! Tim