Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Glock questions

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Glock questions

Hi all. I am considering building a Glock for .40 S&W / 10mm; Maybe a Glock G40? I know other lines but never did much with Glocks. Where does one look up how this is done, what other slides would fit it, etc.? I am considering an 80% lower, I've seen videos where it looks pretty easy, and have been told that you could also fit a G17 slide to the lower if you wanted to shoot 9mm with it. Not sure I am going to do this, I just want to look up more info "in my copious spare time" Is there a good place on the web where you can find out which lowers have larger grips, which slides fit which lowers, etc.? (I have huge paws so a larger grip would be great, have handled a friends' G40 so I know that one's big enough - Just unsure on how things fit. If it was 1911's I'd know already. Probably time to stretch my brain in that direction.)

Thanks all!

Boolit Grand Master

The large frame Glocks will fit a 45acp and or 10mm slide. Examples being the Glock 20 and Glock 21. Conversely the smaller framed glocks can fit your 9,40,357 sig. Glock 17,19,22,23,31,32. Some of the other frames are unique to their size and slide.

As far as complete interchangeability on an 80% lower. Well, I couldn’t guide you on that one.

Boolit Master
    I'd look at the GlockTalk forum.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

G21,20,40 & 41 all interchangeable (I think on the 40 &41).

G29 & 30, interchangeable.

If you want 10mm, you have to go with one of the above frames. Any .40 frame will be too short for a 10.

The G36 has only come in .45, but in theory could be made into a 10/.40, with enough work/money.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

glock 20 or glock 40.

you can shoot 40s&w in the glock 20 as long as you have a G22 barrel . you can use the G20 mags for the 40ammo.

All you need is the conversion barrel. You can use the same extractor, ejector, magazines, and all. Reliability has been 100% on mine, but I still would never use a conversion barrel like that for defensive purposes. I recommend using the caliber the gun was chambered in from the factory, unless of course you changed all the appropriate parts, which is impossible on the G20 to go to a G22.
    ^^^^^
    this is a post from another forum,but i know many are doin it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a.../t-485823.html

The other thing I think I forgot to mention is that I want to shoot (good) reloads in this pistol; I'd think a different barrel (Lone Wolf, KKM, Storm Lake) would do it for that. Stock barrels don't support the case and you can get "glock smile" bulges on the cases.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Glock 20 (10mm), I picked up a 10 to .40 conversion barrel, which was kind of silly since I already had a G22, full size .40, traded the .40 barrel for a 6" 10mm barrel, so, yeah you can get a full size 10 and put a barrel for 40 and have two for one, I'm sure you'll need a weaker spring for the .40, couldn't tell you how the 10mm spring works for the 40 since I never fired it that way.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    You can get a nice ex-LE Glock .40 for $300.00 or so right now. Seems like the gen. 3 and later barrels do just fine with reloads. Most problems I have read about were with the gen. 2 and very early gen. 3.

As far as DIY frames go, it might be a fun project but you are going to spend way more overall versus buying a complete gun. Complete factory lowers show up on GB all the time for $100-150 all the time. I got my gen. 3 lower complete and like new for $100.00 shipped. Added a used slide, LWD barrel, and target sights and she shoots great.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

As for glock smiles on cases I get none on any of my 40 s&w or 9mm or 45 gap , mine are all gen3 and gen4 .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    You can get a nice ex-LE Glock .40 for $300.00 or so right now. Seems like the gen. 3 and later barrels do just fine with reloads. Most problems I have read about were with the gen. 2 and very early gen. 3.

As far as DIY frames go, it might be a fun project but you are going to spend way more overall versus buying a complete gun. Complete factory lowers show up on GB all the time for $100-150 all the time. I got my gen. 3 lower complete and like new for $100.00 shipped. Added a used slide, LWD barrel, and target sights and she shoots great.
    /\ This /\

I see no good reason to "build" a pistol that you can buy.

As for the Glock "smile", I've been shooting Glocks for many years and it's a non-issue.

Part of me wants to play with DIYing them, but maybe it'd be smarter to just buy. Partly depends on what WA state does with that idiot I-1639 (if I have the right # there) as the next step would be to ban all semi-auto handguns, then lever actions and revolvers, ... - I'll move before then though.

The left coast is sucking more'n more, sadly...

Boolit Master

Just buy complete guns ready to go. Collect them all.

Boolit Master

I haven't seen an 80% lower for anything other than 9mm/40 caliber. I have one I built into a 17, I do like the 1911 grip angle of the 80% lower I used. I would love to find a 10mm or 45acp size 80% lower, but I have not been able to.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I'd look at the GlockTalk forum.
    GlockTalk was bought out by a huge Canadian conglomerate whose board members are anti-gun and anti-constitution. It also has turned into a giant poo-throwing fest in most forums and full of progressives and sexual deviants and perverts. The most prolific members extoll the virtues of bi-sexuality and turn every thread into a dirty diaper.

The original owner, Eric, has washed his hands of the whole thing and started a new site called The Bore Site.

If you do go there looking for help, there is a guy that goes by Wee Willy that lives in Idaho. He is an extremely knowledgeable 10mm shooter, reloader, and nice guy. He will tell you that you can shoot .40 S&W all day long in your stock 10mm Glock barrel.

I carry a G29 for woods protection and absolutely love it!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

He's right: GT is circling the bowl.

I'm very careful where I go on it. It is still (for now) the premier Glock site, especially for collector data.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

for no BS infos, brian enos forum is the forum to look at. their glock sub forum is filled with valid infos ONLY.members are very experienced shooters,and competitors.