MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Original 1873 rifle cost?

Original 1873 rifle cost?

Just posting this out of curiosity. I have been looking at getting an 1873 uberti rifle with the 24 inch barrel in 45 colt or 44-40. Originally I was stuck on 45 colt but now I'm considering 44-40 just for historical purposes, even though I wont be shooting black powder. Then I started to think if I did want a 44-40, an original winchester might not be out of the question. How much is an original 1873 in 44-40 with a 24 inch octagonal barrel going for now? Doesn't have to be in perfect shape by any means just good mechanically with a decent bore. This isn't a want to buy ad, I just want to get a feel for the market of these original winchesters as I've seen prices all over the place and haven't looked too in depth into them.

Just paid 1250.00 dollars for mine. Made in 1884. Cut down 28 inch oct barrel to 24 inch. Been cleaned with what looks like an sos pad. Solid dark wood un cleaned. Works very good with a very shootable bore. 38 WCF cal. Can't wait to get her out and find what she wants for a diet.

So i have seen a few shooters like this in the same ball park. Will never qualify for a high end rifle but sho a good shooter with tons of black powder clouds of smoke and sparks. They are history held in your hands even if not worth bags of money.

On the other hand the new Miruko 73 rifles are the same ball park price wise and even tho not from the 1800's they will make smoke and even the white powder loads because of the modern steel they are built of.

Thank you. Think I'm going to go with a cimmaron/uberti. If anyone here has a cimmaron imported one, I'd love to see some pics of the markings as I've heard they look more authentic then the standard uberti's. Also looking at 44-40 vs 45 colt. Pretty sure I'm going to go 44-40 even though I most likely wont use black powder anytime soon.