Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Question for the Gurus

Boolit Mold

Question for the Gurus

I am the proud owner of n original Remington #1 in .43 Spanish. The rifle bore and chamber are in very good condition and I am planing on re-stocking it with some really pretty walnut I have been saving for just such an occasion. My question though is, "Can I install a single set trigger in this rifle?" It came with the adjustable rear sight (barrel mounted) but not with the set trigger. And the trigger pull is extreme, making accuracy for an old man like me very hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Preacher

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Very difficult to put set triggers in a roller. Best bet is to replace the trigger spring, and if that doesn't get it down to a reasonable amount of pull have a gunsmith (not a gun parts changer saying he's a gunsmith) do a trigger job on it.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

the #1 military rifles are known for a very heavy trigger pull. I have a 1871 model in 50-70 Gov't that got the sporter treatment back in the day, I love the gun and mine appears to have had the trigger reworked, but it is still considered "stiff" by modern standards. very accurate guns, id love a good one in 43 Spanish, I have a "parts gun" condition one that sits over the T.V.

a good old school gunsmith can probably make it have a reasonable pull. a trigger spring swap would help some too.
    Last edited by jugulater; 07-26-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Lee Shaver does an excellent job on roller triggers. He did a friends for him and got it down to 2lbs or so.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the responses. I have a new trigger return spring kit that I will install immediately on getting settled in my new home. We are changing states, so I need to locate a new gunsmith, also. Anyone know of a good gunsmith, who likes challenges, near Portales or Clovis, New Mexico? I do like to challenge my gunsmith! Makes life more interesting, I think.

Boolit Master
    Check with member Nobade on here, he is in NM.