RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SEEKING INTEREST- 4 cavity Ingot molds

I would like to get a CB mold and if it gets under $25 I'll take 2

I seldom sell lead. Mostly a bit here or there when I buy a larger quantity of something worth shipping and decide to sell a bit to reduce my out of pocket expense. I can end up lead rich and cash poor. Or for trades. However eventually I may stop casting due to age or health issues and I would darn sure rather see it sold here where it will be used by other casters than sold to the scrap yard for a loss.

I think I have 900 lbs. of COWW angle iron ingots stored in SFRB's ready to ship. I made those molds to fit a SFRB or MFRB which share one dimension. They pack well in the boxes, the boxes weigh ~ 20 lbs. so manageable to handle. And three of the SFRB will fit in a MFRB without going over weight. Having nicer ingots sized to allow for a full to the top box every time would be great. Shipping is the same if you have a 1/4 inch of wasted space or a full to the top box. Having them stack well, easy to mark are good too. The angle iron pack well and stack "ok" but you do have to taper the stack unless you put in boxes first.

Last but not least if you get hit by a bus you want to make it easier for family or friends to sell those ingots here for a good price or would you rather your widow have to take 25 cents a pound from a scrap yard? Maybe less if they come pick it up. One thing about having a lifetime supply is you have one idea about how long a lifetime is and god might have a different idea. Hint: Gods idea wins.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I seldom sell lead. Mostly a bit here or there when I buy a larger quantity of something worth shipping and decide to sell a bit to reduce my out of pocket expense. I can end up lead rich and cash poor. Or for trades. However eventually I may stop casting due to age or health issues and I would darn sure rather see it sold here where it will be used by other casters than sold to the scrap yard for a loss.

I think I have 900 lbs. of COWW angle iron ingots stored in SFRB's ready to ship. I made those molds to fit a SFRB or MFRB which share one dimension. They pack well in the boxes, the boxes weigh ~ 20 lbs. so manageable to handle. And three of the SFRB will fit in a MFRB without going over weight. Having nicer ingots sized to allow for a full to the top box every time would be great. Shipping is the same if you have a 1/4 inch of wasted space or a full to the top box. Having them stack well, easy to mark are good too. The angle iron pack well and stack "ok" but you do have to taper the stack unless you put in boxes first.

Last but not least if you get hit by a bus you want to make it easier for family or friends to sell those ingots here for a good price or would you rather your widow have to take 25 cents a pound from a scrap yard? Maybe less if they come pick it up. One thing about having a lifetime supply is you have one idea about how long a lifetime is and god might have a different idea. Hint: Gods idea wins.
    If it will make it easier I can send you some preprinted labels with my address on them for each MFRB

Seriously though, I like the fact that they stack on the shelf much easier in SFRBs. And you can even mark the type of lead on the box for easier sorting if you have to move them. I purchased some lead which were cast in what looks to be 3 or 4 inch round molds, try keeping those on a shelf.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

SEEKING INTEREST- 4 cavity Ingot molds

Roger,
    Just let your wife know to shoot me a call and I’ll gladly drive down and pick it up . (And pay a fair price in the process or help her sell it on CB).

Seriously though, I like your logic and line on who wins. Will have to use that.

Boolit Buddy
    I'll commit to two cast boolit molds now. Depending on price I will consider adding two more.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    Folks, just to let you know that I pm'd Lakehouse, and that this is still a go. Things on the home front, though, are still tying him up (not for me to be specific, but there is more that he is dealing with than what he has mentioned so far).

What I get from him is that he is pretty sure that we can hit the mark of $25 cost per unit, but that more molds will help guarantee that and may help bring the price down some more (we're around 120 now, if all the interest expressed commits to buy). What is not yet determined is the final design and if and how many variants there will be, when the first run of molds might be available and what shipping will end up costing (Miha may be willing to ship a small, high value item from Slovenia on "his dime", but his price incorporates his shipping cost whereas this item we've been focusing on start up and production costs, and is a different type of item and vendor altogether).

Patience, my friends! We will be rewarded in time. I'm sure anybody who frequents this part of the forum already knows Lakehouse's great track record as a honcho, and when he brings this off in fine style, we as the first buyers benefit up front and the rest of the forum will do the same because the groundwork will have been laid for future runs. In the meantime, I encourage those who haven't been sure and those who are reading the thread for the first time to get their orders in!
    Last edited by kevin c; 10-15-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Boolit Master

I'm listed as:

2)Omega wants 1 with mixed logo

I can be bumped up to 2 mixed, or 1 of each of the other two if mixed is not feasible.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    I'd go for 4 total if pricing gets down $25-$30/ea. There are never enough ingot molds on ingot making day.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the up date, gents!

Banned

Two
    One of each

Boolit Mold
    I'd be interested in a mixed logo mold

Be interested in one cb

I'd be in for a CB mold.

Boolit Master

Id he interested in seeing updated request list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    I've got stuff to do but likely a lot less than Lakehouse. I'll try to put one together in the next couple days. It will be in one of my following posts rather than the lead post, until Lakehouse can move it.

Boolit Buddy
    Removed unofficial list from post so as not to confuse anyone. See post #1 for official list.
    Last edited by Camper64; 10-18-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Boolit Master
    Ha, you beat me to it, thanks!

I think you made the same assumptions I did, that each buyer's conditional price, if they had one, was met. We've been using $25 as that conditional price. I think you also put folks into the first option they mentioned if they said they were good with either.

There may be a few who will change from either/or/both to the mixed logo version of the mold, if it becomes an option for sure.

There are some who expressed interest but did not mention a design. Camper put you all into the "wants the CB version". Please speak up if this is not the case:

brass410 - 1
    pjames32 - 2
    762sultan - 1
    totally - 2
    tjo6435 - 4
    sukivel - 1
    Thor's Daddy - 1
    Bookworm - 2
    bpatterson - 1
    gtgeorge - 2

Rcmaveric: did you want a mixed logo mold?

sureYnot: did you want the HB or CB version?

Boolit Buddy
    HG please, given the choice. But, I will still take one if CB ends up being the only option.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Is it worth considering consolidation of buyers under one design? Might bring the cost down and reduce the lag time if there was less setup because only one mold design was being offered. Less effort matching orders to people too. I like any of the designs so it wouldn't bother me. Others may have a stronger attachment to one design or the other(s).
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I really don't care about the logo, as long as it has the indicators for alloy. I agree with RogerDat, if there is only one design it may help keep costs down.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast