WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SEEKING INTEREST- 4 cavity Ingot molds

Boolit Master

Interested in one CB logo, if price gets down to $25
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

If this is still a live idea I would do 2 of the cast bullet logo molds. Or 2 of the hillbilly gold molds if a decision is made to only do one in order to combine tooling cost. Might do more depending on final price.

Might suggest tabs on the end or side for handles. I'm wearing gloves as anyone can which allows one to move or flip them while still hot if there is a tab along the edge. All my angle iron molds are like that and it works fine.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    id be down for 2 if price is reasonable cb or 1 of each

Boolit Master
    So now we're around seventy molds, if the cost is around twenty five dollars per unit. That's getting close!
    Last edited by kevin c; 09-03-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    put me down for two CB logo
    thanks rrh

2 hillbilly golds for me please.

Boolit Bub
    I would do 4 of the CB if the price was around 25$

I guess I do not really care what is on top, but i like the idea of being able to mark what is being cast with the types on the bottom.
    Last edited by dyecocker1; 09-03-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Boolit Master

I would to a couple of the CB moulds... for a decent price around $25 each.

Is the ~$25 price confirmed if we get 100 ordered. If so I'm in for two.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pjames32 View Post
    Is the ~$25 price confirmed if we get 100 ordered. If so I'm in for two.
    I don't think that's hard and fast, but it's a sure thing that whatever the tooling cost, it'll be less per unit as more folks sign up. We're around eighty molds now, if everyone who has expressed interest commits.

Boolit Master

Be interested in a couple cast bullet. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Master
    Just going to point out that it’s been a while since the member who started this has updated the list or posted.

Does anyone know if this still active or is this a pipe dream project that has died?

I am willing to pony up to get at least two (probably more depending on unit price) of these depending on price and have seen a lot of posts with interest so seems like this should be an active GB now rather than an interest thread. If it is still active maybe knowing how many more we need to get it started might help. I know several members like me who if we knew we were close but still short would be willing to throw some more in to get it going.

Boolit Master
    Been about 2.5 weeks since Lakehouse2012 has posted,he may have some thing to report soon i hope. I’m ready to start casting some ingots and would like to be able to do it in these new style molds.

Boolit Buddy
    I would go 2ea at $25.00 break point.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" Henry Ford

Boolit Bub
    I would get at least one of each. Possibly more depending on price as I usually do 100 lbs at a time and need more molds

Vendor Sponsor

Hey Guys,

You'll have to be a bit patient with me. My employment status has changed recently and I have to give it priority right now. I am still working on the project, but am not having as much time to get the final model done so that I can get the needed quotes.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for taking the lead on this, Lakehouse. You have your priorities right.

This has generated a fair amount of interest and quickly at that, but it's worth remembering that the number of molds for a go here is a lot higher than that for a group buy on a boolit mold.

I would also guess that investment casting with its need to design and make master models and molds which then are used to produce one time use individual production molds is very different from slapping a mold blank into a CNC lathe and hitting a button to run the program. A matter of maybe several weeks to some months from the go to actually ship the product, maybe?
    Last edited by kevin c; 09-11-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks Kevin for understanding. The final model is getting close to being finished but the caster I want to use is a 2 hour drive and I need to have a rapid-prototype in hand when I stop in and see him, so that we are talking correctly for quoting. It's just been harder to coordinate than I originally planned.

I also have a 2nd quote that I'll get from someone near Miha, but again, I need to get the model finished, so the quote is accurate.

Truth-be-known - I haven't been doing CAD work actively in over 10 years. My team was doing all the heavy-lifting and everything that I remember being expert at, I seem to be forgetting.... Luckily my brother is much better at this than I ever was, and he is helping me even though we are 200 miles apart. It all just takes time....

I'm thinking 1-2 weeks to have model done and quotes finalized, then its just scheduling with the casters. If it ends up in the States, it's 5 days shipping. If it ends up in Slovenia, then similar to molds for shipping.

I'm sorry it's taking longer than expected. From the interest so far I'll guess there are 100 molds sold, if I can get the investment cast at the right price, we may already have enough to pull the trigger on this.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Thanks for taking the lead on this, Lakehouse. You have your priorities right.

This has generated a fair amount of interest and quickly at that, but it's worth remembering that the number of molds for a go here is a lot higher than that for a group buy on a boolit mold.

I would also guess that investment casting with its need to design and make master models and molds which then are used for one time use individual production molds is very different from slapping a mold blank into a CNBC lathe and hitting a button to run the program. A matter of maybe several weeks to some months from the go to actually ship the product, maybe?

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the update!

Boolit Master
    Lakehouse, thank you for taking on this project and the update.

Sorry to hear about your employment issues. As Kevin mentioned, take care of yourself first. Despite my earlier post, most of us are used to and expect these things to take time so take care of your family first, just glad to hear it is still alive as a project.

Best wishes and good luck in the job hunt.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast