Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: CH4D Champion Press

CH4D Champion Press

any one here own one? just picked one up on ebay one of the reasons are that they only have enough parts to build 11 champion presses at CH4D then they will be discontinued. also the wait to get one ordered from CH4D is 6 months. so those who have them how do you like them? i bought this press to do some light swageing.
    Rick

Boolit Grand Master

I have one and it is outstanding.

Boolit Buddy
    I like the 2 I have.

Boolit Buddy

Have had one for 45 years, 1972 $20 used. Its a beast.

so my other question is how much play do you have at the bell crank. as mine when i size a 45/70 case just before the bottom of the stroke the handle moves right and then left quite a ways about 1 inch. it looks like the arms at the top pins are worn pretty good. talked to CH4D they have parts but those upper pins are in there pretty tight and i will either have to make a real long punch or take it to a machine shop. any one have any experince in removing these upper pins?

Boolit Buddy

I wouldnt worry about it, mine has a bit of wiggle at the bottom of the stroke, but the ram is tighter than grannies knickers. a little oil now and then and it will outlast me.

Boolit Master

I have one and like it. It's too bad they are discontinuing them. But at $370 (plus shipping) for a single stage press I can't imagine they sell very many. Additionally, they no longer have swaging dies listed on their web page which the Champion press was recommended for.

the press is going back to the seller as when i spoke to CH4D they told me that was too much play in the press. i paid $332.00 for the press because i did not want to wait the 6 months to get it from CH4D ordered a new today.

I have both a 333 and a 444 ---
    Bought the 333 a couple years ago complete for 45acp in calif for $100 and the 444 a few months ago here in georgia complete for 9mm, 38spl and 45acp for $175 -- Borh units in as new condition.
    Unfortunately between moving and house repairs I have not really used them --
    I need to make expander plugs for 30 carbine and 32 mag and some more powder bushings -
    I intend use them to replace most of the c press's when I can get back to reloading --
    So much handier having the press mounted on top of the bench -

Boolit Buddy
    I traded for a Champion decades ago. It is a cross between a tank & a rhino. Note on the disassembly. the top link pins are knurled (interference fit) & have to be removed with a long narrow punch from the other side. After you pull the ram. My bottom link pin was missing, a Gr8 1/2 Allen bolt worked just fine. I have yet to have any issues with it's power, the over center stoke is very powerful, use only the Lee hardened shell holders. Most of the rest will deform from the force this beast can generate. The RCBS turret I just got on rebate don't hold a candle.