Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-10 experience, big bores?

My AR-10 does everything I need it to do. It's the largest caliber in rifle I have if you put the Mosin Nagant in the same category.

I no longer go out in the field, shoot hogs from the front porch of a friends place in east Texas while having a cool refreshment and an occasional cigar. Feeder is 68 yards away.

Still sit out in sunflower fields first weekend of dove season with my 12 gauge. It's a weekend party I really enjoy. About 30 of us get together for that one, an annual tradition. I'm the oldest one there but still compete well.

Hogs and dove are about all I go for now-a-days but who knows what's next.

I'm too old for all that shoulder thumping of the larger caliber weapons.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    My AR-10 does everything I need it to do. It's the largest caliber in rifle I have if you put the Mosin Nagant in the same category.

I no longer go out in the field, shoot hogs from the front porch of a friends place in east Texas while having a cool refreshment and an occasional cigar. Feeder is 68 yards away.

Still sit out in sunflower fields first weekend of dove season with my 12 gauge. It's a weekend party I really enjoy. About 30 of us get together for that one, an annual tradition. I'm the oldest one there but still compete well.

Hogs and dove are about all I go for now-a-days but who knows what's next.

I'm too old for all that shoulder thumping of the larger caliber weapons.

Slim
    I loved the dove hunts when we had the dove. Now everything is hay &melons and the RR tracks are watched. I have resident dove but naw. I've been invited to W Falls for opening day & I'm excited as a teenager! My wife can try her mom's skeet gun. It hasn't been fired since the 60's. It's a Stoeger Zeypher 28 gauge sxs. I'll use my Yildiz single .410 and save the 870 12 ga for "dang I can't hit a bird". Wife's main gun is a 17 Remington 20 ga but you should see her shoot her Topper Jr straight grip shorty. Did I say I was excited?

Sorry for the thread drift! AR10 is a good sitting gun for sure. A fast twist .243 would be interesting.
    Thomas
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 07-28-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Boolit Master

45 Raptor, rimless 460 S&W designed for the AR-10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12