Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillion broke...

I have 2 Dillon 550B's One setup for Small primers and the other for Large. I've ran countless rounds thru them both. I have a can of " dustoff" to blow them out. I can't see someone crashing one. I mostly load my own cast boolits.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Master
    I got to know. Were you making sure the primer was fully seated or were you pre-flattening them before firing? Just kidding.

I loaned my RCBS hand primer to a friend who's brother got ahold of it. Fella has hair growing around his fingernails. He primed his 7 RUM brass and I swear he compressed the internal rod of the tool. He said he wanted to make sure they were seated cuz it was ah ultra mag.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I got to know. Were you making sure the primer was fully seated or were you pre-flattening them before firing? Just kidding.

I loaned my RCBS hand primer to a friend who's brother got ahold of it. Fella has hair growing around his fingernails. He primed his 7 RUM brass and I swear he compressed the internal rod of the tool. He said he wanted to make sure they were seated cuz it was ah ultra mag.
    Funny, nope, just normal wear and tear and a design flaw coupled with possible casting in consisties. That, and over 100,000+ loaded rounds...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Thats definitely a casting flaw. I literally have close to 1M cases through my two Dillon 1050s (automated with the Ammobot) and Ive never even scratched mine. Dillon builds these things like tanks!

P.S. their customer service is also top notch!
    ADAM HERBERGER

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club Member

Boolit Master
    I had to return one of my Dillon 650's that was less than 2 years old, and had only loaded a few thousand rounds. The ram developed so much play that it could easily be rattled by hand. Got a new 650 replacement body in under two weeks from Dillon, so problems can happen even with the best.
    I have been running Dillon Presses since the Dillon 450 was introduced in an Ad in the American Rifleman. That was a long time ago and tens of thousands of rounds through the old 450, two 550's and now two 650's.

Boy am I glad I got a LEE

Boolit Master
    The only thing I have hurt on my only Dillon, a 650, was a spring. The little coil spring that wraps around the ram and tensions the indexing cam broke. I ordered the small parts kit when I got the press and it had the spring. I was back up and running in minutes. I service my press every 3000rds. It gets cleaned, wiped down and relubed & greased. I use the red grease Dillon uses and straight 30wt oil on the ram. I only run deprimed & wet tumbled brass through it. No grit, dirt, primer ash, etc. It lives a pampered life even though it can take the abuse. Blue believer for life!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AABEN View Post
    Boy am I glad I got a LEE
    Good luck...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12