MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    Missouri or maybe West Virginia. Believe it or not, there are still some areas in Pa. that you will be left alone if you choose but also get very nice neighbors. I live 15 miles or so from a college town but trust me it is like a different planet. It was years before most people in the area knew I existed.
    I love my place in WV. I have 81 basically wooded acres in the mountains. Folks know me as the guy with the huge white fluffy puppy (Great Pyrenessee now 14 mos old) looking out back window of pickup. I do what I want. Nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. Folks will help when needed and respect privacy. Best move I ever made as I am now retired and don't have to worry about finding a job. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy

I agree with Firebyprolong, Kansas is often over looked. The flint hills are as pretty as anywhere. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to hunt the tundra of Alaska and the Rocky mountain areas, but in my opinion, the flint hills was a pretty as any of those spots.

Some promising areas to check. Thanks, folks. Part of the challenge is getting my better half to consider looking at some of these places. Sigh...
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    Check out SW Wyoming. Close enough to Salt Lake and Ogden for the city part of your search. 30 miles to the Uintah mountains. It can be a bit windy here though. There are a few liberals here that remind you how great it is living in a conservative community.

Banned

If all you've seen of Kansas is the western part, it's as flat and boring as most of Colorado. Get east of about Salina. I live on the edge of the Flint Hills and it's a lot more rolling and wooded than most realize and it gets more so the further east you go.

Not gonna see an influx of libtards here. Most gun friendly place I know of and I grew up in S.C. and lived in Texas off and on. Cost of living is low, friendly people. But keep that flat and boring myth going, keeps the riff raff out of here.

I have coworkers who live in the Kansas City area. Will chat with them about the area.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    If all you've seen of Kansas is the western part, it's as flat and boring as most of Colorado. Get east of about Salina. I live on the edge of the Flint Hills and it's a lot more rolling and wooded than most realize and it gets more so the further east you go.

Not gonna see an influx of libtards here. Most gun friendly place I know of and I grew up in S.C. and lived in Texas off and on. Cost of living is low, friendly people. But keep that flat and boring myth going, keeps the riff raff out of here.
    Not going to argue what is the most gun friendly state, but no state is more gun friendly than Missouri. In fact it is so friendly that 19 year olds can Constitutional Carry and get CCW permits which caused some states to uninvite Missouri from the CCW card reciprocity freedom club.

Banned

Missouri would be a good one too, though a lot more densely populated than Kansas. I just drove through the north end of Missouri yesterday afternoon on Highway 36, really pretty country and sparser populations that further south it seems.

Banned

Arguing about where is kind of silly as ANYWHERE you go is likely to be a lot better than the Commifornia migration fecal craters the cities in Colorado are. Take your pick, your situation can only improve.

unfortunately the eastern part is going lib. KC. Ks, Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence. Smaller towns are OK.
    Whatever!

Banned

Lawrence is screwed up, Topeka isn't bad, Wichita is OK as cities go. Truthfully, any city is going to be that way, small town or rural is the way to go.

Boolit Master
    Try to solicit opinions from people who have lived in maybe 4+ areas in the last 25 years or so. Most everyone loves “home” but people who are born and raised in the same area have little else to compare to.
    Wages and taxes are important but so is the cost of living.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Buddy
    FYI and this is just a small bit of info: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...215493035.html. Don't be fooled by the news readers and the press releases.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    I believe Idaho is looking like the best bet at this point, but as you mentioned a lot of others are going there too. Luckily New Mexico is so poor not many want to move here, but it's getting pretty violent around here and I keep thinking about going elsewhere as well.
    I looked into your area myself, and decided it wasn't where I wanted to raise my family. It's interesting to see a couple of you on here from NM that are having thoughts of leaving.

Boolit Master
    I was born and raised in Kansas. Moved to Michigan after school, then to Vegas. Been in Missouri for 8 years. Kansas is 1st, Missouri not far behind in 2nd. MO has more libs than Kansas, but south of I-44, it is beautiful and sparsely populated and inexpensive. My Grandmother lives at Table Rock Lake and it is a welcome respite from living in St. Louis. Coworkers cant believe I go down there to mow and weed eat and cut down dead trees for relaxation. Most never grew up knowing the pleasure of manual labor. The plinking and tree rat hunting is nice too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12