WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Buckwheatpaul needs a prayer or two!

Moderator Emeritus

Mrs. Buckwheatpaul needs a prayer or two!

My better-half is going to have a complete knee replacement tomorrow.....she could use some prayers for comfort, fear from fear of the surgery, healing and the medical team that will do their magic through the guidance of God. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen......Boaz will post how the surgery went......thanks my Cast Boolits family......Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Paul I put her on church prayer list as well as my own.
    Asking Lord to comfort and heal her quickly and keep her doing the PT till they say stop.

Sent. Putting that off as long as I can.
    Whatever!

You got it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord be with her tomorrow . Help her through this surgery to replace her knee , guide her doctor and all involved . Work through them to relive her pain and let her be more active again . Give her the comfort and confidence that only you can Lord in preparation and after it's done . Guide her and Paul through this . Thank you for all you do in their lives . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

She's on my prayer list, stay strong my friend.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Praying for her.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Buckwheatpaul, I just got my left one done about 10 days ago. If I may, encourage her to take the pain meds every 4 hours (as prescribed) I took one every 4 hours and it helped a lot. You might ask for some Flexerill (muscle relaxer) also, as I had awful muscle spasms but with the meds they are were okay (they lasted about 1 full day). I'm getting a lot more movement and can do a lot that I couldn't do the first week. Please do the PT as it really does help. I hope I'm not scaring you or your wife, I'm glad I got it done and am looking forward to being pain free and mobile in about another week. I found also (if she can stand it) when the pain hits is to rub it gently and that seemed to help. Good luck and she is in my thoughts.

in Remebrance
    Paul, on my list even as i type. It's easy to say that knee surgery is no big deal anymore, but when it's you getting cut on fear is normal. Tell her there will be an angel standing on either side, everything will be OK. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

May the peace that surpasses all understanding overcome both of you and the surgery and recovery complete and successful.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Paul, if the Anesthesia person does Popliteal Blocks, your wife will be pain free for a couple of days. Downside is she won't be able to ambulate during that time. Most Ortho Drs. these days want ambulation the next day. Praying for a excellent outcome.

Boolit Grand Master

Praying for the MD's and mechanics as they do the surgery.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Paul i hope and pray everything goes good for the wife.
    My recoup from the same op. went well.
    Be aware she might (I did) have night tremmers. When she is asleep her knee will feel like it is going out of joint. It isn't but it will feel that way And she wakes up screeming. All the best Kevin

My sincere prayers for the Mrs. and for you, Paul.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Father God. Today I lift up Paul's wife. Be with her as she has this replacement surgery. Calm her heart and soul. Give the doctors wisdom and guild their hands. Be with her afterwards to get her strength back after the surgery. Be with Paul and give him peace and comfort as he waits for this to happen. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ , I pray. Amen

Boolit Master

Prayers sent! If it helps at all my father 63 years old just had his left knee done the right one was done in April; both total replacements. It went extremely well for him and has improved his quality of life tremendously. This may help the wife; he is terrified of hospitals and mistrustful of the medical community; other than putting an axe through his leg in 1976 and braking his sternum in 2007 he hasn’t been to doctor or hospital; he found the experience to be pleasant and the staff and surgeon first rate and had no anxiety by the time the second surgery came around last Tuesday!
    A side note for you; for a few days after the operation some people are not themselves; don’t take it personally if your wife is snappy or grouchy or sort of spacey; the only time my dad has yelled at me as an adult and the only time he’s ever yelled at his granddaughter was ttwo days after surgery; the meds had him going on wild mood swings but only for about 48 hours. He doesn’t even remember the incident.

Boolit Master
    Hey B. Paul ...

surgery is a walk in the park ...she'll have a therapist for a few weeks.
    tell her to DO the exercises ...do them even more than the therapist says!

this will help her have the 120 degrees of bend to function properly.

i have both new knees.

bet ya they have her up and walking 30 minutes after she wakes up!

Boolit Master

Prayers sent up for Her and everyone involved, including You - We Love Ya Both
    Being human is not for sissies.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Paul just called me and she is out of surgery and awake . She is having a lot of pain but the surgery was successful . She can not take pain medicine so I will be praying for our Lord to help her with the pain . Paul said to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and when he can he will post .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast