Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Lino Type - Help

Boolit Bub

Lino Type - Help

Today I was hunting Pewter and found these.... Lino Types. 10 old milk jars full plus a few other pieces. Each jar weights about 8-10 lbs.

My question is... How much it worth? The guys had $25 each jar... on them... but said if I buy them all he'll take $200... about 80-100lbs. Seems high to me but I thought I would ask the group.

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723_160458.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	224196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723_160516.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	224197
    USAF Veteran - NRA Certified Pistol Instructor - 1911 Junky

Banned
    rotometals sells linotype for $4 per pound. but that's not linotype, the big letters are monotype a little better alloy.

search linotype in the upper right search bar and that will give you an idea what it's going for in the site

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Grmps! After a little searching it seems what I found is MonoType. All single letters... and harder than LinoType. Sooo… $200 for 80-100lbs sound like a good price?

Thanks!!
    USAF Veteran - NRA Certified Pistol Instructor - 1911 Junky

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I recently bought 100 lbs of Lino for $1,50 per. So $2 and change is not an outrageous price
    Regards
    John

To me, and your area has some affect on pricing, $200 for eighty pounds would be a bit high, but there have been spells when I'd have paid that. If it is a hundred pounds, I'd say the price is right.
    The milk bottles might bring some nice extra cash, by the way. Those sell for $5.00 - $10.00 each in my part of Michigan. More for nice ones, and the names on the bottles can really add to value.

Monotype or foundry type in our S&S forum would be generally $2 per pound plus shipping +/- a couple of bucks. I think a short while back I saw 55# type letters in MFRB going for $123 which would be $110 for the lead and $13 for shipping. Is about same price as I would let my own surplus supply go for.

Factor in the weight of those bottles too. Might be worth asking if they will give a better price if they keep the bottles. Unless you want them. They are just extra weight for you and hassle to sell, for the shop they might have enough value to get you a discount if you leave the bottles. You will save shipping.

At $200 for 100# your deal is good. At 80# for $200 you can do better here.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat