Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
PBcastco Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First attemp from spain. Powder doesn't fix

Boolit Master
    Another source for quality powder is Prismatic Powder. Shipping in the US is about $18, I have no idea the the cost to ship to Europe, but I am sure Prismatic can advise you. Again you want to stay with the gloss solid colors for tumble coating.

First attemp from spain. Powder doesn't fix

Quote Originally Posted by el general View Post
    This is how bullets looks after three pc seasons.
    I saw the british page. Powder looks great, but shipping to spain... is four times powder price...
    Shipping is the same if you order 0.5kg or 20kg, so we bought a lot and split the shipping costs. Once you try good PC you don’t go back.

30 seconds of swirling....all you need

Looks very good
    Did they pass the hammer test?

Boolit Master

I use only a soup spoon each 100 bullets aproxx.
    I used less than a teaspoon for 200 a couple of days ago. A tablespoon is a LOT. Coverage is about 6000 per pound; less than 1/2 kilo.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180801_141231.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	224763
    First attempt with wet powder coat... using acetone.... nice results... using bullets with a little powder coating testings.... maybe with new cast bullets i will have better finish....

Boolit Master
    I spoke with joe ban, from hi-tec. 65€ 1/2kilo with shipping. Too expensive for me.
    1/2 kilo of Hi-Tek will coat a ton and a half of bullets. Or a triple coat for 50 000 pcs of 160 grain 9mm boolits. That's eight triple coated bullets for one cent This stuff lasts forever.

Boolit Man
    1 hi-teck teaspoon every 250 bullets with triple coat, is not 50.000 bullets per 1/2 kilo.

Boolit Master
    1 hi-teck teaspoon every 250 bullets with triple coat, is not 50.000 bullets per 1/2 kilo.
    I don't know about teaspoons but I use 20 grams with 100 ml of acetone plus 40 ml denatured alcohol. That makes 150 ml of solution and that means 150 pounds of coated bullets. One ml per pound. Or 75 pounds coated twice which is enough. I've been doing this for some months now,maybe my math is wrong but this is not expensive by any means.

My usual 9 mm bullet batch is 3 kg (6lbs) and it takes 6 ml of solution per coat. 300 bullets.

This amount of Hi-Tek solution will coat 2500 pcs 9mm bullets, three times. 20 grams of powder. I have coated 15 000 by now. Bigger bullets need less coating per pound.

Attachment 225308

I also shoot a 45-70 at full power with no leading with Hi-Tek.

And: 1/2 kg of Hi-Tek powder is about a litre in volume. If one teaspoon (5 ml) is good for only 250 bullets, lke you say,how many does a litre (1000 ml) make? This should be measured by weight anyway.
    Last edited by Petander; 08-09-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Pic add

Boolit Man
    1 ml per pound?? 9mm 160gr bullet?? I'm sorry but I find it very little liquid per pound. very little. It's about 300/350 bullets, isn't it? Maybe i am wrong ... but it's a very little liquid.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    Use good powders. I (living in Europe as you) started with Smoke’s powders from USA and had zero problems, 30 sec of shaking and swirling to get this

After 2yI still use his powders with great success, just keep them sealed and dry.

I ordered also from UK company and if you choose gloss polyester you will have same results, they have TGIC, are polyester and gloss. They stick

https://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/pages/powders

If I lived in USA I would buy only Smoke’s tested powder because I dry tumble only (aka shake &bake)
    I have the same powder, have you notice any trouble with the acetone test OR gunpowder reacting against the powdercoating?
    I would be utmost grateful if anybody have any feedback on this?

/Silverbullit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12