Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divorce in Alabama

Banned

there you go. Everyone that's been though a divorce is an expert! Youd think all the divorce attorneys would be starving. I went though one and the first and best advice I ever got was get an attorney! My ex went into court with a couple girl friends that were her experts. When she saw things going back she asked the judge for a court appointed attorney and a delay of the trial. He told her its not the courts responsibility to provide her a free lawyer and she had plenty of time to find that out and hire one. Who do you think came out ahead in that one???? Her girlfriends did help though. The joined in on the cussing at me when we walked out and it just made me smile more! Cost me a grand and it was the best money I ever spent. Michigan is a 5050 state. Thing is I had very little equity in my home. Had a old rusty blazer and a new truck (with payments) She got the blazer, half the furniture and a 2k payout on the equity we did have. That and a trip to the welfare office. We got joint custody (again mandatory in MI) and I had to pay her 300 dollars a month child support for two kids for about 3 years and half that for another year for the other kid until he decided hed rather live with me. Could have went after her for support when he moved in but then id actually have to deal with her again. The son still doesn't want anything to do with her. But all that said the real dumb ___ here was me for falling for a loser to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I was a Texas Attorney for 50 years and recently taught Family Law at a local University in the Legal Studies program.

Here is my free counsel to you: Never under any circumstances get legal advice from people on the internet! NEVER EVER.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 07-23-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    I'm no lawyer, and certainly no expert in Alabama law, but I am only a few months away from having a bachelors degree in criminal justice. As such, I know a little bit about penal codes. If he has never been trespassed from that property before, and did not refuse to leave once asked to, I do not see how they could charge him with criminal trespass. I also fail to see the logic in waiting a month before charging and arresting him. If it was going to happen, it should have happened that night. My opinion is that it's a BS charge, but my opinion is what you pay for it. Are the charges still active and did he bail out of jail, or did they simply cut him loose?
    He spent 8 hours in jail. didn't say how or why he got out. He was really upset. He ends the conversation pretty quick said he had a lot to do. I told him I had a lot of ?s. Said he was sorry but had to go. Jailers said it was a BS charge and a cop he works out with said the same. I think there is more to story as he didn't have time to answer my ?s. He wouldn't be the 1st that did something stupid.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Again He has a Lawyer.
    I do not need one.
    I was seeking information

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Again He has a Lawyer.
    I do not need one.
    I was seeking information
    You can hire a lawyer to answer your questions and the price will probably be fairly modest. As lawyer fees go. They know they won't have the whole case to deal with and a consultation might well be something you can get a fixed price on. Especially if you have a list of what you want to know.

I think someone said they thought arrest records are public records but only you know if your son would take offense at you looking over his shoulder by asking for the court house or a lawyer to send you the record. If you are in the last state to approve CC then it would be harder to get consultation or information. Pretty darn sure Alabama ain't that state.

Almost always some sense of failure or at least unsuccessful outcome to getting a divorce. Even the injured party has to deal with a lot of negative stuff. The worse she is the more it makes you question your judgment for being with them. If they aren't all bad then it can be hard to accept things not working out without thinking maybe there was stuff you could have done differently.

Very good bet your son is going through a lot and it might be he just doesn't want to talk about it right now. Not a whole lot of good he can say about it, and unless he likes complaining.... why burden his dad with the details he doesn't want to go into anyway?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Banned
    Getting legal advice on the internet is like getting surgery from a homeless guy in the park. You might get lucky and run across a homeless guy that was a brilliant surgeon, but the odds aren't in your favor.

Boolit Master

FYI I WASNT LOOKING FOR LEGAL ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They went to court today. Sit down no drinking coffee, or beer. You have been warned

He lost one of 2 dogs
    About 3 grand for a dog in lawyer fees.

Yes, you read that right she just wanted a dog!

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    When my first wife wanted a divorce, everyone in the town was poking her but me. She wanted me to sell the house, and from the proceeds all she wanted was $5000, and for me to keep our middle son, she wanted to keep the youngest one, and the oldest was already married. I jumped all over that deal. I packed her up and sent her on her way. I paid half, she paid half and I don't regret it a bit.

I sold the house to my oldest son for $5000 over what he owed on his trailer and moved into it free and clear, not making any profit on the sale, just getting out from under the burden of paying her. I married again several years later, and after 16 years or so she passed away. Now I'm here with my 3rd wife, happy as a clam, with the exception of not going fishing as much as I used to.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12