Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Rossi '92 Extractor

Boolit Buddy

Rossi '92 Extractor

Has anybody here removed/ replaced the extractor on a Rossi 92 357 mag.?
    I am having an issue with one of mine, about 1 out of every 30 cases fall back inside the action instead of ejecting cleanly.
    Looking at an exploded diagram of the bolt, there appears to be just one pin holding it, but the 3
    I own all seem to be under some pressure, and I'm afraid I will have trouble getting it back in.
    Is there a trick or tip to changing them?
    TIA

The one pin is all. It's not hard.
    One .357 Rossi I had would let go of loaded rounds from the extractor when cycling to unload it. If you fired the round it worked as it should. The extractor looked normal. It ran fine while shooting it so I left it alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I had to replace one too. I did have to do a bit of filing to get the new one to fit right. It seems they hand fit a rough casting when they made them. Mine had to be "cleaned" up a bit (factory part) before it would function. Wasn't too much of a problem as I recall..

Boolit Buddy
    Ok that sounds pretty straight forward. I though I might have to apply extreme pressure to get the pin hole re-aligned (or something tricky like that) Perhaps I'll try "cleaning up" the extractor first before replacing it with a new one,
    - It really only seems to happen when working the lever slowly too, the case seems to slip off the bolt before the ejector can kick it out -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redgum View Post
    Ok that sounds pretty straight forward. I though I might have to apply extreme pressure to get the pin hole re-aligned (or something tricky like that) Perhaps I'll try "cleaning up" the extractor first before replacing it with a new one,
    - It really only seems to happen when working the lever slowly too, the case seems to slip off the bolt before the ejector can kick it out -
    If you want to bring out the worst in a '92 ? cycle it slow - not designed for it!