MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Texan FW

Texan FW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice.

I got one also myself I use for 20ga, and had a kit to set it up for 12ga. Some parts of Mec will work on it also.The charge bar works with no problems or set up.If you use the Uni. charge bar you will not have to get any more after.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Thanks Tatume. This is the newest addition to my accumulation. It's a twenty gauge and once again an ebay find. It's pretty much like a Mec in function and can use Mec powder bars and bushings. I loaded a few rounds with it and it seems to be in good order. One thing was driving me nuts getting it set up. On the final crimp station it was crushing the shells no matter how I adjusted the station. I was using new primed hulls and the diameter of the brass was just a little to large for the crimp die. When I ran cases through the sizing station first everything came together and worked fine. I'm thinking of opening the mouth of the final crimp die a bit to accommodate new unsized hulls. It is made of hard plastic and shouldn't take much to open it up a little. Does anyone see any harm in this that I haven't thought of? Gp

I'll take the tomatoes!

BB

Boolit Master

Is it just a raised half-moon lip that the brass slides into from the crimp start station or are you talking about the plastic hull fitting into the crimp die at the top?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Hogtamer. The half moon clip is fine and the final crimp die works fine if the shell has been sized while knocking out primers When using new primed hulls (RIO) the opening in the final crimp die is just a little too small in I.D to accept the new brass without collapsing the hull just above the brass. I don't think it would hurt anything to open the I.D. of the die at the bottom just a touch so the new hulls would enter correctly. It wouldn't take much. Hulls sized in the first station of the press measure .691 O.D. a new STS shell measures .692 O.D. on the brass and a new primed Rio hull measures .696 O.D. on the brass. I can't see that opening the mouth of the die .005 or so would cause any alignment problems for the sized shells but there are no new parts available so thought I'd ask what you guys thought about buffing out the die for 3/4s of an inch up from the base by .005 or so. Thanks Hal. Gp Oh! B.B. Drop by for beers and "Maters" any time. I have 16 tomato plants and I live alone. There's EXTRA LOL Gp

good looking press , good to know that the mec bars and bushing will work on these also

Boolit Master

Gotcha....make sure there isn't a 7 1/2 or two wedged under the lip first. Not that I've ever spilled shot and would know first hand.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I bought one just like that a couple months ago for $20 . I kept it a couple hours and passed it along to a friend that collects older loading stuff . He got it for $20 as well ������
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master

I have a Texan DP-II that I bought in 1966. Still works. It does resize case heads. I use a little lube on the newer steel head cases. I bought a bunch of different shot and powder busings plus the 20 ga conversion shortly after I bought that press. Between me and nephews, brother, and Dad, it has loaded a pickup load of shells.

Charlie: I've been on a shotgun press buying spree on Ebay lately. With the cheap target loads available it's a good time to pickup a few for my accumulation. I found a Pacific Model 100 (I believe it's the original model) this press is for loading paper hulls and has an interesting crimp station for the paper hulls. I added a Mec finish crimp die in the fourth station (Pacific Sizing station) and filed an 1/8th inch out of the bottom of the slot for the bar slide. It now accepts Mec charge bars. Pacific charge bars are hard to find for the 100 and about $30 when-if you can find them. It took most of yesterday to get it together but it now successfully loads paper and plastic shells. Gp

way to go , good deal

Boolit Master

Got one just like it, cost me $45 though.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Since this is my thread I'm going to jump around in it a little bit. Another great Ebay find. I picked up a brand new (old stock) Versamec 12ga. The extra parts were still in the plastic bag. It's a pre 1982 model with the metal crimp starter. Once again the shipping was more than the press but to my door for $80. BPI has a 410 conversion kit for these and I believe that will be the way I'm headed with this one. Gp

Boolit Master

That versamec is a workhorse and a great find.
    Leonard Ravenhill