MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Original Henry H011C on its way.

Boolit Master

New Original Henry H011C on its way.

I am really excited as I order a new Henry the Original Model H011C. I got the 45 colt so I could use this classic American made rifle for hunting deer close range. I watch many videos and really am excited to get this rifle and spend hours at the range shooting it. I have plenty of Unique powder 500 pieces of brass and plenty of Keith style plain base HP cast boolits to load up. Let the fun begin.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Sounds like lots of fun times ahead. Ought to have that puppy dialed in just right by the time deer season arrives. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy

Unique is my favorite powder in my Winchester 1873 45 colt. You will have tons of fun shooting that fine gun!
    Ore'mus
    Flintlocks Rock!

Boolit Master
    Had a few minutes to look at the gun and will pick it up tomorrow. Oh my it is georgeous the fiddleback in that stock is absolutely breathtaking. The deep bluing is fantastic high gloss and fit and finish. Pick it up tomorrow and run some rounds though her. Very pleased with what I saw so far.

Boolit Master

Hi. I bought mine last year and I love it. The only "issue" I have with it, is the trigger is atrocious. I really have to concentrate on my trigger discipline to get a clean shot. I've also found that if I load cartridges with an OAL even a tiny bit longer than the SAAMI spec of 1.6", they tend to hang up in the elevator. I'd recommend to be sure to watch the DVD that comes with it on cleaning and don't use Brasso on the receiver or other brass parts. Ed

Boolit Grand Master

Ramjet-ss,

Did you get the steel frame or brass frame ? When I ordered mine last year the 45 colt wasn't available in 45 colt I got the steel frame version in 44-40. Buttsock is really nicely figured walnut. The case hardening on the receiver is very good and the bluing is excellent Im really pleased with it. I haven't shot it yet hoping to Sunday. I have 100rds loaded with 2 different bullets over 2F olde ensforde black powder. Mine the mag tube and follower were tight for a few cycles, really had to push the follower up to latch it. But its smoothed out from handling.

Here in Ohio Id have no qualms with the 44-40 and a 210 grn bullet for woods deer hunting. One thing to check is mag capacity for hunting as there is no easy way to "plug" this style tube down to 3 rounds. A plug inside the spring wont allow the end to turn.

When loading for it watch overall length close, to short allows the next round out to far and locks up the action, to long and the bullet nose does the same.

I love my steel 45 c shorty. It lovve a 255 cast and 10grs. of unique..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-7 45 colt.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	224315

While I have yet to shoot a deer with 45 colt, I have with 44 mag.. It was at a range where one could hear both the bang ( of course) and the whomp from the big slug hitting. Nothing magical or space aged designed needed from a 45 caliber 250 grain bullet hitting a deer at 1100 FPS +/- 100. It works well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Ramjet-ss,

Did you get the steel frame or brass frame ? When I ordered mine last year the 45 colt wasn't available in 45 colt I got the steel frame version in 44-40. Buttsock is really nicely figured walnut. The case hardening on the receiver is very good and the bluing is excellent Im really pleased with it. I haven't shot it yet hoping to Sunday. I have 100rds loaded with 2 different bullets over 2F olde ensforde black powder. Mine the mag tube and follower were tight for a few cycles, really had to push the follower up to latch it. But its smoothed out from handling.

Here in Ohio Id have no qualms with the 44-40 and a 210 grn bullet for woods deer hunting. One thing to check is mag capacity for hunting as there is no easy way to "plug" this style tube down to 3 rounds. A plug inside the spring wont allow the end to turn.

When loading for it watch overall length close, to short allows the next round out to far and locks up the action, to long and the bullet nose does the same.
    Brass frame 45 LC and yes it it incredible. I absolutely will hunt deer with it. Puts a whole new level of excitment to hunting deer this year. I will shoot a SWC HP cast 12 BNH over a dose of Unique. I have some expensive guns but this really has hit home with me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    I love my steel 45 c shorty. It lovve a 255 cast and 10grs. of unique..

Name:	1-7 45 colt.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	224315
    Wow fantastic accuracy that's the load I shoot in my Big Boy Henry. My boolit is SWC PB HP but 255 grains.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post
    While I have yet to shoot a deer with 45 colt, I have with 44 mag.. It was at a range where one could hear both the bang ( of course) and the whomp from the big slug hitting. Nothing magical or space aged designed needed from a 45 caliber 250 grain bullet hitting a deer at 1100 FPS +/- 100. It works well.
    I am so fired up to pick this up tomorrow, probably will not sleep a wink tonight ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    I am so fired up to pick this up tomorrow, probably will not sleep a wink tonight ��
    Congrats on a beautiful rifle. I can understand your excitement as those original Henry’s are works of art....eye candy for sure.

I’d love to have one in 45 colt or44/40. Hope it shoots as good as it looks for you!

Boolit Master
    I use the Lee 452-255 rf on my 45lc Henry BBS, and have no problems with. Shot my 1st cast deer with it last fall.

Wow fantastic accuracy that's the load I shoot in my Big Boy Henry. My boolit is SWC PB HP but 255 grains.
    Thanks, mine is a Accurate mold, don't have the number handy. Was Tom's recommendation.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Thanks, mine is a Accurate mold, don't have the number handy. Was Tom's recommendation.
    I have several of Toms moulds one for my 357 Henry Carbine it is very accurate. The HP mould is a Mihec who also makes some dandy moulds. Well this afternoon I will know how this shoots.

Boolit Master

drool factor

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	224369

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	224369
    Very nice indeed!!

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful..

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys I am absolutely just tickled with this rifle. Is very accurate with a variety of ammo. Athe only thing is the 45 and the 44-40 use the same sights so I am shooting high close range. But just like our forefathers that's why we have Kentuky windage. Ia working on a hunting load with the PBHP 255 grain cast SWC for deer hunting this fall. should be allot of fun over the next few months. By the way the thing is such a pleasure to shoot so easy on me and just fantastic.

Boolit Master
    Got to do some range work 75 yards with Fiocchi ammo the printed 10 shot groups 3.5-4" .

The gun will put shoot my aging eyes. Imused a 6 O clock hold and was really happy with POI and this gun will get do fine 75 yards and under for deer. It is a pleasure to shoot with low recoil and the heft of rifle gives it a great steady hold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast