RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersPBcastcoLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Rem #4 Rolling Block

Boolit Buddy

Rem #4 Rolling Block

I have an old take down Remington Rolling Block in .32 Rimfire. I was going t re-chamber it, but have lost interest. Any idea as to value?

Vendor Sponsor

1) Condition ?
    2) Condition ?
    3) Pictures ?
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master

These are best for 22 lr pressures. I wouldn't ever do it in 32 S and Wesson. Good news is they reline easy and the breech block conversion is not to hard.

Boolit Master

Value can run from $50 to $500 depending on how bad someone wants it. I gave $100 for the last one I bought a few months back in 22LR. It has an extractor problem which was easy to repair. My #4 in 32 caliber got a liner and is now chambered for 32 S&W. This required moving the firing pin to make it a center fire. I have done several from 32 RF to 22 RF which requires the firing pin be moved and the extractor built up as well as a liner. This work usually cost more than the gun is worth but some people just have to have one to shoot.
    My first rifle was a #4 in 22 LR which my father picked up for $8. It was found in a trunk rolled up in a blanket and still has all the color case and blue.
    The 32 S&W long may be a little warm for the #4 but the short should work just fine. The original 32 RF was loaded with 9 grain of BP which is the same load as the S&W short.
    Last edited by John Taylor; 07-20-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Boolit Master

I have a #4 that was originally .32 rimfire. I converted it to centerfire and shoot mild .32 Colt, it works very well.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for the info. I am unable to post pics as a Luddite. I just wanted to get my money back out of it. But that looks unlikely with the info provided.
    Gun is in good to excellent condition. I could send pics to email or text. Please advise

If the bore isn't too far gone I'd just get a handful of those rimfire adapter cases that use a .22 blank, a bullet mould (could be a round ball) and a can of black powder and enjoy it for what it is. That way no money spent and you get to use your rifle.