Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: texting and driving

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I don't know.
    I know this though, it scares me every time I ride my motorcycle.
    I had two close calls in the last 6 years and have seen one texter go in the ditch after weaving all over the road.
    It just scares me.
    Houston drivers and the stories from a coworker were enough for me to decide I don't really need a motorcycle that bad yet.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

the notion of a ''''privilege''' is ridiculous.

another libeeral trick to control people's life.

some laws are morally valuable, and some are immorale....to me , something labeled as '''privilege''' ,
    when it's about MY
    right of property ,
    is immoral.

how the hell is that you can statuate on what i'm allowed to owns and what i cannot. via big brother's will ?

same goes with the supposed privilege given by '''our masters ''' ,so i can drive MY car?

i paid for my car,i pay my income taxes , so how is that that i have to pay again on top of having to jump through some implanted hoops to get a permit which '''loan me '''' me the privilege of driving MY VEHICULE i've already paid for ?? doesn't make sens when you think about it a little .

Ohhh, boy.

Banned

your vehicle is your vehicle. Nobody can tell you what to do with it on your own property but when you drive it on the roads that are owned by the county state or federal government they can make up rules. With your train of thought you should be able to drive your car a 150mph down a county road. Or drink the booze you bought and drive the car you bought anywhere you please. For the safety of others theres laws. You cant pick and choose the ones you want to go by or make up new ones to fit your agenda. A drivers license is mandatory in any state. It proves you have at least a rudimentary understanding of the rules of the road. It can be taken away if you break those rules and laws. If I won the lottery I could go and buy a used fighter jet. Should I because its mine have the right to hop in it and take off in a rural area???

No country is completely free. If they were there would be chaos. If what your doing doesn't break those laws then I will totally agree its nobody elses business. Ill go back to the dog thing. IF its against the law to own a pit in your city county state ect then you don't have a right to own one. If theres NOT a law against it and I want one its none of your business. That is where liberal thinking comes in. People that think they can make up there own rules because they think you should live like they do. People that think they have a right to shoot a dog just because its barking at them. Now if the dog really does attack they have all the right in the world to kill it. Doesn't matter if its a pit or a beagle. You can have your opinion and so can I. But unless its a law its just an opinion and worth nothing. Sorry but I don't have a right to take away your cell phone and smash it on the ground because Im not addicted to them and think they can be dangerous and you sure don't have a right to kill my dog or tell me what breed of dog I must own to be your neighbor because you don't like them or think there dangerous. If you don't like it you have the option to move. If theres a LAW against it and I don't like it I have the option to move.

But bottom line is there are laws and even in a free country theres rules, regulations and laws you have to obey. What we do have is freedom to try to change them by voting. What you don't have is the freedom to control me when what im doing is within the law. Its no different then some wanting to control what kind of gun you have or try to control your hunting style because they don't believe in it. That is exactly the way liberals think. If what im doing is within the law then its NONE of your business. Yup id like this countrys law system to clamp down on cell phones usage. But todays society is so addicted to them it would be as hard as banning tobacco or bringing prohibition back. Making laws and obeying them IS NOT liberal thinking. Thinking your above those laws is liberal thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    the notion of a ''''privilege''' is ridiculous.

another libeeral trick to control people's life.

some laws are morally valuable, and some are immorale....to me , something labeled as '''privilege''' ,
    when it's about MY
    right of property ,
    is immoral.

how the hell is that you can statuate on what i'm allowed to owns and what i cannot. via big brother's will ?

same goes with the supposed privilege given by '''our masters ''' ,so i can drive MY car?

i paid for my car,i pay my income taxes , so how is that that i have to pay again on top of having to jump through some implanted hoops to get a permit which '''loan me '''' me the privilege of driving MY VEHICULE i've already paid for ?? doesn't make sens when you think about it a little .

Boolit Master

what others see..me,me,me,me. self entitlement just like all the *****s who text and drive, its all about them!

Boolit Grand Master

In the case of cell phones, technology has way surpassed our ability to self-govern. On top of that common sense has gone out of fashion.
    Criminals will always be the ones breaking the laws they made necessary, and differences of opinion will always exist.
    Adam and Eve had a problem listening to rules as did Cane and Able. Nothing has changed except the population count.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    MY opinion---a person should be able to own and use ANYTHING they wish---BUT---they should then be held accountable for what ever damage arises from their choice! If one were to run/walk/crawl down main street indiscriminately firing a gun, how long do you think he/she would be the proud owner of said gun?? Once apprehended by LE, anyone here think he/she would get just a small fine and their gun back?? Why should endangering others using a cell phone, reading a newspaper, eating your breakfast etc. etc. yadda, yadda, yadda---be any different?
    R.D.M.

Moderator Emeritus

Tell me what the price is for a lifetime of pain for a ruined neck? Insurance has limits and I maxed his and my policy. After ponying up $50k for surgery it didn't leave much!

I think the solution to a lot of this, drinking and driving, Texting while driving, USING MJ for that matter and Illegal drugs should be eliminating the laws Banning or restricting use while driving, walking, or otherwise using. BUT! Change the consequenses. If you drink and drive and cause damage, you pay, if you injure, you pay and potentially go to jail, same with texting and currently illegal drugs.
    eliminate the stupid laws that don't do anything of consequence. Change the laws that make life miserable if you cause harm to others from YOUR ACTIONS! Drink, smoke, shoot up at your leisure at home, but don't get in a car or other motorized vehicle and cause damage.

Boolit Master
    Handloader109, while I like the idea of making people pay for their mistakes. How do you get say, a half million dollars from someone to pay for the multiple surgeries, lost wages/earnings and ongoing medical attention?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

It is not anyone's right to behave in such a manner that infringes on anyone else's rights.
    It is not your, my or anyone else's right to cause injury or damage to another individual. Pretty simple.

cars in a hurry to pull out in front of me and then turning off 100 feet down the road
    That irritates the tar out of me. I've had people pull out like their butt was on fire and then dawdle to their driveway or turn off 50 yards down the road.

Banned

yup my buddy got hit in his pickup leaving work about 25 years ago. Broke his back and his neck. People that hit him had no insurance and no money so all he got out of it was his insurance company pays doctor bills. Hes bed ridden 20 hours a day and is allways in pain. So we have to let people have free reign with cell phones, let them cause accidents and pray they have some money? Money that sure doesn't stop pain! Id bet my house if you asked my buddy if he had a choice between a million dollars or being pain free there wouldn't even be a seconds hesitation. Id bet Mary would tell you the same. Drunk driver or someone texting while driving kills your daughter, what price tag do you put on that? Does it make the loss easier even if the guy goes to prison for life? I find it ironic that some will put helmets and pads on there kids when they ride a bicycle but will send them off in the family car with there cell phones in there pockets. You think some 16 year old kid isn't going to answer there phone if there girl friend or boy friend are calling??
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Handloader109, while I like the idea of making people pay for their mistakes. How do you get say, a half million dollars from someone to pay for the multiple surgeries, lost wages/earnings and ongoing medical attention?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    It is not anyone's right to behave in such a manner that infringes on anyone else's rights.
    It is not your, my or anyone else's right to cause injury or damage to another individual. Pretty simple.
    Ill give that an amen.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup my buddy got hit in his pickup leaving work about 25 years ago. Broke his back and his neck. People that hit him had no insurance and no money so all he got out of it was his insurance company pays doctor bills. Hes bed ridden 20 hours a day and is allways in pain. So we have to let people have free reign with cell phones, let them cause accidents and pray they have some money? Money that sure doesn't stop pain! Id bet my house if you asked my buddy if he had a choice between a million dollars or being pain free there wouldn't even be a seconds hesitation. Id bet Mary would tell you the same. Drunk driver or someone texting while driving kills your daughter, what price tag do you put on that? Does it make the loss easier even if the guy goes to prison for life? I find it ironic that some will put helmets and pads on there kids when they ride a bicycle but will send them off in the family car with there cell phones in there pockets. You think some 16 year old kid isn't going to answer there phone if there girl friend or boy friend are calling??

Pain free! I can always go back to work to make money! And you guys hit the nail on the head. Kid had $50k in coverage, I had another $50k... doesn't pay for the 5 years of neck pain I have suffered since...

Boolit Master

Glockfan,

You can buy an airplane without having a license. Should you be able to fly it unlicensed?
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Been driving trucks around the Denver metro area now for 30+ years.
    The last 15 have gotten real bad. See accidents, close calls and death about every day now.
    Guessing about 60% of them are distracted drivers on the phone!
    The others are those folks that just have to be first no matter what.

I see a lot of folks texting while driving and everyday I see someone so totally wrapped up in there phone while walking, they just walk off the curb into traffic, no care to the world other than that phone, some have paid dearly for that. Sad.

And those folks in a hurry, I don't get it? If your that late, start leaving earlier!
    Our rush hours (whole day now) are like an undirected race course! If your doing the speed limit there doing 20+ over it weaving here and there!

They gotta be first, don't seem to matter if it's to 7-eleven or the grave as long as there first!

The mentality of folks anymore is horrible!

Good luck and stay safe!

Pay is really not what I meant. Pay means being put in jail for injuries while driving under the influence, no license, etc. Monetarily your screwed excepting for your insurance. Consequences other than slaps on the wrist

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I can't speak for others, but in my opinion the point is once you have caused permanent damage, no amount of incarceration, loss of property or fines can ever undo it.

An accident is one thing. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. But when one behaves with no reguard for anyone but one's self, that is no accident. It's like pulling a trigger. Once it's done, there is no taking it back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234