MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: WTB-Winchester 1892 ejector spring collar

Boolit Master

WTB-Winchester 1892 ejector spring collar

Looking to replace the ejector spring collar on my 1892 Winchester rifle, the original needs to be replaced, can't find one in stock online anywhere, even the reproduction companies don't have one. My gun is in .32-20 but they apparently are all the same when it comes to that part.

This is what a new one looks like, both out of the gun and in the gun on the spring, that guy is selling the whole bolt for almost a third of the cost of the gun.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey David ,, had to make one for mine ,, 3-4 years ago ,, really not that hard ,, and a whole lot cheaper .( I have a mini lathe now ) ,,but just drill a hole in a grade 8 bolt , chuck it in a drill and grind down close to OD , and polish w/ steel wool or fine grit paper ,cut to length. OR !! pm me the measurements ( don't have to take mine apart ) I'll make some up and give y'a 2or 3 , no charge ,( between 12:& 2 :00 AM lol-lol-lol-).

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post
    Hey David ,, had to make one for mine ,, 3-4 years ago ,, really not that hard ,, and a whole lot cheaper .( I have a mini lathe now ) ,,but just drill a hole in a grade 8 bolt , chuck it in a drill and grind down close to OD , and polish w/ steel wool or fine grit paper ,cut to length. OR !! pm me the measurements ( don't have to take mine apart ) I'll make some up and give y'a 2or 3 , no charge ,( between 12:& 2 :00 AM lol-lol-lol-).

Sadly I can't find mine, which is why I need another. I haven't been able to locate it since I had mine apart for a cleaning, which looked as though it hadn't been done since Model T Fords were new on the lot.

Boolit Buddy
    No problem !! give me a few days .

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    I appreciate it, who would think one of the smaller parts like that would be one of the parts so hard to find?

Boolit Buddy
    David sent PM ,, .

I bet stevegunz could help you out. He works with Rossi 92's but might be able to help you if you give him a call
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot