Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: National Hotdog Day

Boolit Grand Master

National Hotdog Day

Just saw on the news that today is National Hotdog Day!!!!!!!
    Best Hotdog for me........
    Costco Polish Hotdog.
    Sadly, not for long. Unless I cook my own.

Boolit Master
    Wow, I just ate a couple of Nathan's for lunch. I've loved hotdogs forever. I miss the Kayem dogs I used to get back in Ma.

Boolit Master

WoW this is awesome. Today is my birthday and I love hotdogs. Would rather eat a hotdog than a hamburger any day.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master

Kayems are my favorite!

We can get them here in CT.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

Tony Packos, chilli pickle and pepper relish, cheese, and mustard.

Doc has banned me from eating hot dogs and sausage, but this is a national holiday so I think I may have a dog today. Might have to drive out to the A&W so my wife doesn't catch me.

BB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Kayems are my favorite!

We can get them here in CT.

CW
    I use to buy the natural casing Kayems in the big box. I miss the snap they made when you bit into them. No good hotdogs in Arizona .

Boolit Grand Master

Today is also National Sour Candy day and National Caviar Day.

But we missed the big day....yesterday was National Yellow Pig Day ! Drats.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

HOT DOGGERS here is some bad news.
    Meat mania? Chemicals in hot dogs could cause manic episodes, scientists say
    Eating a lot of hot dogs, beef jerky, salami and other processed meats could do more than just add a few extra pounds — it could cause a serious mental condition called mania.
    That’s according to a new study from scientists at Johns Hopkins Medicine published July 18 (National Hot Dog Day) in the journal Molecular Psychiatry.
    The study found a link between consumption of nitrates, which are chemicals used to cure and process meat snacks, and episodes of mania, “a serious neuropsychiatric condition associated with significant morbidity and mortality.”
    “We looked at a number of different dietary exposures and cured meat really stood out,” study lead author Robert Yolken, M.D., said in a statement. “It wasn’t just that people with mania have an abnormal diet.”
    Mania is an abnormal mental state marked by feelings of hyperactivity, excitability, irritability, racing thoughts, risk-taking and insomnia, according to the National Institutes of Health. It is often associated with bipolar disorder, a condition wherein people fluctuate between periods of mania and depression.
    The scientists said people hospitalized for mania had about three times the odds of having eaten nitrate-cured meats than others, and rats fed a diet with added nitrates showed symptoms of mania within a few weeks, according to the study.
    Nitrates are chemicals that are sometimes added to processed and cured meats as preservatives. They can be found in things like salami, hot dogs, jerky, bacon and lunch meats, though those products can sometimes be purchased nitrate-free.
    They are found also naturally in other foods and in the environment, and there is limited evidence that overexposure to the chemicals can cause cancer, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
    Yolken was originally interested in studying the effect foods may have on mental illness, and conducted a demographic study of 1,101 people both with and without mental disorders. It was from that pool of data that Yolken noticed the association between mania and nitrate consumption, according to a release from Johns Hopkins.
    To test the connection, Yolken fed lab rats diets of added nitrates. The amount of nitrate was around the same as if a human ate one hot dog or beef jerky stick every day, according to CTV News.
    “We tried to make sure the amount of nitrate used in the experiment was in the range of what people might reasonably be eating,” Yolken said in a news release.
    After only a few weeks, the rats began to show signs of hyperactivity, while the rats that were not fed the nitrates showed no changes, according Johns Hopkins. The scientists also found changes in the microbacteria in the rats’ guts, according to the study.
    This doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a cause-and-effect relationship, the scientists are quick to point out. But it may indicate that cured meats and nitrates are at least a factor in mania.
    “It’s clear that mania is a complex neuropsychiatric state, and that both genetic vulnerabilities and environmental factors are likely involved in the emergence and severity of bipolar disorder and associated manic episodes,” Seva Khambadkone, who worked on the study, said in a statement. “Our results suggest that nitrated cured meat could be one environmental player in mediating mania.”
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

except national frank day is in Feb.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Our local Butcher in Ilkeston (Derbyshire) makes some good Pork Sausages.Large Finger Rolls loaded with Sausage,Fried Onions,Ketchup and Mustard.I like to slightly burn the Bangers to give that chard taste.A bottle of Beer with that is the stuff of dreams.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Just saw on the news that today is National Hotdog Day!!!!!!!
    Best Hotdog for me........
    Costco Polish Hotdog.
    Sadly, not for long. Unless I cook my own.
    I to love the COSTCO Polish Hotdogs.......
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    You can also kill yourself by over hydrating with plain old H2O.Frankly,I believe stuff like that from some Drs about like I believe that the sun will rise in the West tomorrow.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master
    I call BS on Hotdog meat mania.
    Sugar has a mania effect. Everyone knows it.
    If we listen to all the "studies" coming out, everything is bad to eat.
    Even bottled water!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

If you start with the (you name it) will harm you, and work backward from there, you can almost prove anything. Politicians are famous for it.
    BTW I had two dogs with all the trimmings for lunch. It's the greasy chili that will kill ya.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I thought mania was the creative/productive side of bipolar. I'm going to self medicate, eat a couple dogs and see if I can cast 'till dawn.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.