RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water hardening cast boolits

Boolit Master
    im in a wheelchair and cant reach to far,i drop my boolits in a hospital wash pan with a towel in the bottom and water as deep as the towel,my lead pot sits on one side of my bench and the wash pan on the other and I break the sprue in between,works well for me

Boolit Master
    I water drop everything into a half full 5 gal bucket. If a splash did hit the mold Im sure the water would would not stay long. Water dances around when you put it on a hot surface. An open mold facing down is not going to hold water.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I air cool all mine now that I PC. But when I wq my boolits. I fill a pail up with water and ice cube with a towel over the top. I would let my boolits fall out of the mold and roll down the side I'd the soft towel into the water. One little quick sizzle.

Using an old enamel washpan. Oval shaped white with red rim version,it was my G-ma's.Been using it for 40 or so years. Folded hand towel in bttm. I'll cast until there's a decent coverage on the towel then VERY carefully roll them into bttm and cast some more. Really gets my OCD's fired up seeing bullets landing on top of each other coming out of a mould....... the larger footprint of the washpan gives me more sq inches of real estate.

Boolit Master
    99.99999% of the time water hits a mold and evaporates but If you cast fast enough it is possible for a water drop to last long enough in a cavity to pour hot lead on top of it. Makes really ugly Boolits and the sizzle and pop will let you know right away. No harm done but it did get my attention.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Personally I have found a cheap styrofoam cooler filled with water on a little stool next to me to work best. The bullets fall into foam and they cool instantly. Easy, cheap and no denting of bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12