RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

He said, "Who are You, Lord?" ACTS 9:5
    Through the miracle of redemption, Saul of Tarsus was instantly changed from a strong-willed and forceful Pharisee into a humble and devoted bondservant of the Lord Jesus.
    There is nothing miraculous or mysterious about the things we can explain. We control what we are able to explain, consequently it is only natural to seek an explanation for everything. It is not natural to obey, yet it is not necessarily sinful to disobey. There can be no real disobedience, nor any moral virtue in obedience, unless a person recognizes the higher authority of the one giving the orders. If this recognition does not exist, even the one giving the orders may view the other person’s disobedience as freedom. If one rules another by saying, “You must do this,” and, “You will do that,” he breaks the human spirit, making it unfit for God. A person is simply a slave for obeying, unless behind his obedience is the recognition of a holy God.
    Many people begin coming to God once they stop being religious, because there is only one master of the human heart— Jesus Christ, not religion. But “Woe is me” if after seeing Him I still will not obey (Isaiah 6:5 , also see Isaiah 6:1). Jesus will never insist that I obey, but if I don’t,I have already begun to sign the death certificate of the Son of God in my soul. When I stand face to face with Jesus Christ and say, “I will not obey,” He will never insist. But when I do this, I am backing away from the recreating power of His redemption. It makes no difference to God’s grace what an abomination I am, if I will only come to the light. But “Woe is me” if I refuse the light (see John 3:19-21).
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Ronnie....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen. And it's one reason I take whatever I can glean that's of benefit to me, from ANY sect of Christianity, and don't limit myself to JUST the thoughts of my Baptist faith. Wisdom and Truth are a lot like gold - they're where you find it, and sometimes, it can be found in some of the strangest places! Even among non-believers. You just have to understand what non-believers say better than they do themselves, and that comes largely from simply having another perspective that differs from theirs. Sometimes, the faithless don't really realize how much truth they know. But .... there's a lot more they don't realize, often because they simply don't WANT to understand if it means having faith.