WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Framing gun

Boolit Master

Post number 2 , 21 degree full head have porter cable and other brands for what you are doing harbor frieght and yes I have 2 of there brand , roofing nailer runs without a hitch hitachi , milwaukee ,bostich and rigid , all had issues , funny I like name brand to but when the cheapo chinese oh wait they are all made there now .
    And to the hammer and nail , well I was a holdout to for a long time but when the air tools make a job so much faster and easier and do so much for a one man show ,.

Banned

When I was building my barn I bought a paslode. No air line to drag around. I use it all the time. Its handy to have when you want to build something out in the woods too. Beats the heck out of dragging a generator and air compressor along. I can take out my battery skill saw and drill and my paslode and build a deer blind 30 miles from town. Just building something at home is a lot easier then trying to hold two boards together and using a hammer and a nail. One of the best tools I ever invested in. A month doesn't go by that I don't use it. Real handy to put together target boards at the range too. Just used to to put a roof over my shooting bench and build some target boards last week. To me going with a hosed nail gun would be about like trading in my progressive presses on a single stage.

I have all the trim guns, my Hilti is to old to buy nails for, My next gun will be airless it just makes sense. I have generator and air compressor but i don't want to lug them around.

Boolit Master
    I have a Paslode 350 air framing nailer. I bought it used at a auction about 25 years ago, I've used it a lot since, and it still works great. It's a clipped head nailer, but you can buy round head nails that the head is offset and they run without a hitch. I still use a hammer once in a while, but if I'm driving more than a few nails, out come the air tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12